1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No1-Where Did All The Old Timers Go Who Helped Out Here At Afterdawn,Who's Still Here? All Please Check In! CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

BELOW AT THE BOTTOM OF MY POST IS A SPELL CHECKER THAT CAN BE INSTALLED IN INTERNET EXPLORER FOR WIN-2000 AND XP,

[​IMG]I had to make this thread,and the reason is, where are the old timers?
    it seens as if every body left!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG],and the site seems to be slow with posters..

This seems to be 2 problem's of this site we need a spell checker.if i was drd i would set up another web site for the Consoles board.and set a age limit here at afterdawn at 18 years or older to be a member....the install of the Consoles board is when all the problems seem to be.and i feel thats why all the members are leaving.

[​IMG]>>>A Group Hug[​IMG]

ALL THAT CAME TO LUNCH IN ORDER AS THEY POSTED HERE,AS UPDATED TO THIS DATE,3-18-06 PAGE 10,AROUND 9:43AM 71 POSTED SO FAR...

NOTE:If i missed some one let me or a mod know.

ireland,gerry1,Lethal_B,ddp,GrandpaBW,Jerry746

aabbccdd,borhan9,sobhy2406,gurnard,geestar20

SypherTek,rosedog,Nephilim,creaky,PnkPantha

tocool4u,LOCOENG,Jizmak,forkman,Phantom69

andmerr,dr_no,Nicklt,Buik,pulsar,Logik666,flip218

brian100,Jamzbond,FartDude,Mik3h,brian100,Rotary

kivory666,darthnip,Alien13,dvdsndict,dvdsndict

DVDBack23,ScubaPete,Rotary,gwendolin,Phyco_Can

Jizmak,The_OGS,Logik666,permiggs,Hunter007,IHoe

cyprusrom,fasfrank,Mr_Taz_UK,zippyd,Damon1,Wylds1

rav009,jim_dandy,rick5446,svar91,drchips,howlling

runner121,DVDBack23,1Adonis4u,binkie7,drchips,Peeps101

CJC,marleyboy,EvaMae

[​IMG]

NOTE:I MY SELF USE THIS PROGRAM (ieSpell) IN INTERNET EXPLORER

HERE IS A SPELL CHECKER THAT CAN BE INSTALLED IN INTERNET EXPLORER,

ieSpell 2.1.1.325

eSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under Tools) - after filling in a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check.

ieSpell is not spyware or adware. Its free for personal and not-for-profit use. Commercial use requires a separate license.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2476.html

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Indeed, many have gone. I use to spend a great deal of time in the home theater section working with questions; it wasn't uncommon that I couldn't keep up and called in help. Seems so very slow the last month or so. Even those who do post a question don't seem to return for the answer. I don't think I've seen that before or seen it so slow.

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Squizzle's back. I don't know him, but he more or less left before I joined.

No idea why everyone's leaving, but the morale is certainly low at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Darth, in another thread somewhere, said this seems to happen in cycles.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes as it happened last winter/spring too!!!

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I am an old timer, but probably not the kind you are talking about, Ireland. :)

I don't drop in here too much anymore, but in answer to what my friend Lethal said, it isn't because morale is low. I just don't have much to contribute, lately.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I don't post much anymore either. When I first started about the same time ScubaPete did, we answered posts as much as possible to help others. No one really cared about post count or rank. I guess I use to post at least 25 a day. Now I'm lucky if I post 25 a week. Everyone seems to be an expert these days so rather than get into any arguments Its better not to post at all. I still check in every day but only post if a member really needs help somewhere and can't get an answer. I don't claim to know everything and never did, but some of the things I read on here at times are unbelievable. Its just better to sit on the side lines.

Jerry

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

people change , life changes ,people fine new insterest in other things ,people come and go and aD rolls on and on !!!! such is life ,no biggie this isnt real life its just an escape for a few mintues/hours etc. good to see you all !!!!!!

9. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

For me its more or less like Jerry746 mentioned.. I come online post every now and then but most of the threads are just the same old threads just posted again and again... and many other members answer the question already soo i just leave it there... But add if needed

But i tend to read more posts in the new forum rooms for window programs and antivirus etc... I like those places :)

10. sobhy2406

sobhy2406 Regular member

I have not been as active as before because i have joined a clan do not have as much free time as i used to.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Lordy Lordy, where is everybody? I'm lonely LOL!

12. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    yes, i'm exactly the same as Jerry746 and borhan9 i'm afraid.
    so i lurk, (i use to lurk and learn) now i mostly lurk

13. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I post every now and then but it seems that some of the newbie members undermind what i have to say so I just leave it at that...also as stated "Everyone seems to be an expert these days" so eh

I also do what -gurnard- does...lurk.

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

geestar the lurker!!!!!

15. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

never mind a "mods lounge". what we need is a "lurkers lounge" lol

16. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

there was a point when i was filling out every thread with posts answering questions... that was mainly due to the fact that i was sitting in my office not doing much quite often... however im now conciderably busier... that and i just cant be bothered to answer the same questions again :S

17. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Well I have been coming here for a few years now.

It first started by accident, then browsing, then having the nerve to actually join and post.

18. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Answering the same questions day in, day out is what it's all about. You try and tell people to search, but it makes no difference whatsoever! :)

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Why have I dropped out of sight.....................

Hardly any of the members I knew and loved come here anymore.

The autopromote system sucks in my opinion (no offense dRD & Ketola, just my take on it).

It seemed all I was doing here was cleaning up the messes.

Retarded pointless threads like this don't get shut down:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/281345

I felt there was a definite general loss of respect for us Mods and what we do here.

I also ran myself and my life into the ground causing my mind to implode. I had (yet another) lovely vacation at the psychiatric hospital and now I've been trying to put what pieces of my life I have left back together.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hi buddy, glad to have ya back, i too hate the autopromote thingy..

and now you mention it, the posts thread has definitely seen better days, 'tis true that one should've been shut long ago.... will wave my magic wand

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.