1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write To CD Failed - "Logical Unit Not Ready"

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Steve148, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Steve148

Steve148 Member

Hiya -

Recently I've been getting this intermittent error while using CloneCD4 to burn CD-R's in a Sony DRU-500AX....

"Write To CD Failed, Unit Not Ready : Logical Unit Not Ready, Long Write In Progress (2:0X04: 0 X08)"

No part of any other authoring prog is loaded, the media burns fine (when it works)and I can write to it with my Mitsumi CD-RW.

Most recent example was an audio CD, but it's occurred with data too. Damned annoying, and my coaster collection is growing fast.

Any ideas gratefully welcomed - Thanks!

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Burning an image (.ccd file) or copy on the fly?

Shoey :)

3. Steve148

Steve148 Member

Hiya Shoey, thanks for replying -

Error occurs when writing from a CloneCD image. During the lead-in burn the drive speed seems to hunt up and down, and then that error message pops up at about the point where it should switch to burning the data.

I read elsewhere that it could be an issue with poor media or poor recognition of media? So I tried writing the same image on same data at 4x - that worked.

So I'm wondering if either the drive or CloneCD is reading the settings for the blanks (DataSafe Silver Premium 40x 80 min) and attempting unsuccessfully to write at a high speed?

This might mean that when the program thinks it's time to shift to data-writing, the drive is actually only halfway through the lead-in (eg a long write is still in progress). I'm guessing here, as you might be able to tell.... :eek:)

Any idea or suggestions very appreciated. FWIW, blanks from the same pack *have* written successfully at high speeds previously.

Cheers!

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If it were me I would try Alcohol 120 and see if you're encountering the same errors to determine if this is a hardware issue m8.

Shoey :)

5. Steve148

Steve148 Member

Thanks, I'll try that