1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick DVD copying crash course on Recode 2.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by permiggs, Mar 13, 2006.

1. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Well, There's not a lot of Recode 2 guides around here, so here goes.
    I done this guide for a friend of mine that is starting to get into the hobby, he liked it as it is pretty straight foward to follow so i thought about posting it to AD.
    As this is my first guide, it's not gonna look very good, but i think it'll be pretty useful for many new 'burners' in the future.
    I'm running the 6.6.0.18 update, not the latest but at this time the most 'stable'.

Turn AnyDVD on.

Open up Nero Start Smart:

[​IMG]

Regardless if i'm burning one or more dvd files i always pick 'Copy Multiple DVD...to One', makes no difference.

[​IMG]

Press the 'Import Titles' button.

[​IMG]

Step 1 - Press the pull down menu and select the drive where you have the DVD to be ripped.

Step 2 - Highlight the titles you want to add to your project.

Step 3 - Add titles to your project.

Step 4 - Close.

[​IMG]

After closing the screen the analyzing screen comes up, depending on your machine, you might want to go for a quick cigarette.

[​IMG]

After the analyzing is done you have your compilation done. In here you can change the compression ratio (a), i prefer to give the main film the best quality possible, the rest takes a cut, (like sub menus and extras), in this case i kept the whole package but normally i get rid of most of the features towards more quality.
    You can also remove some audio and subtitles (b) if the film needs to be squeezed into a std DVD disc. Choose your DVD size. Choose costum then set the target to 4300Mb. (c)
    Press 'Next' when you're ready.

[​IMG]

Now you either save into your HDD (1) or burn to a blank DVD (2).

[bold]1.[/bold]
    When saving to the HDD, press on the pull down menu on your destination tab and choose Hard Disk folder.
    Then on your target folder tab browse to your desired folder. (a)
    When you're ready, press Burn. (c)

[​IMG]

[bold]2.[/bold]
    When burning to a blank DVD, choose your burner as destination and browse to the folder where you want you temp files to be stored. (a)
    Set your burning speed 4x. (b)
    When you're ready, press burn. (c)

[​IMG]

Any questions or add-ons, just PM me.

That's pretty much it, enjoy.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@permiggs
    Great guide! Good work there!

3. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Thank you Binkie, hopefully, this will stop people asking 'how do you use Recode'...