1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot connect TRF??

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by crash64, Mar 15, 2006.

1. crash64

crash64 Guest

#4 NEROAPI 7 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3095
    Error:\nCannot connect TRF.

I have no idea what this means but I get it everytime I try and put 2 parts of 1 movie together with DVD shrink to burn with Nero. Is ther a plug-in that I need to fix this or is there a way around it.?

I am useing nero 6 Ultra edition thanks

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

This error has been associated with nero's latest version 6.6.1.4, this version will not function when used with DVDshrink.

Write down your nero serial# and then uninstall version 6.6.1.4 from your system using the general cleantool found here:

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/General_CleanTool.html

Next, download and install version 6.6.0.18 from the links provided, re-enter the serial# and you're good to go.

nero 6.6.0.18 updates:
    Package 1
    http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/Nero-6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe

Package 2
    http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/NVE-3.1.0.21_no_yt.exe

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  3. crash64

crash64 Guest

so once I do this I should have no more problems with DVD shrink?

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

You should be able to autoburn with nero version 6.6.0.18 when using DVDshrink without getting an "Error:\nCannot connect TRF".

The problem with DVDshrink is that it's no longer updated so it's going to have problems with newer movie releases that have Sony or Microvision copy protection on them. If shrink encounters this new copy protection it will produce/display errors, this can usually be overcome by using DVDFab decrypter first to rip the files to your HDD with, then use DVD shrink to open the files, at that point you can use shrink as you normally would.

Check out DVDFab decrypter here:
    http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

5. crash64

crash64 Guest

now will this program allow me to copy store bought DVDs and enable to me make back-ups of copy righted DVDs ?? I have tryed alot of different ways to do so and none have worked I have even thought about looking into a paid program but so far I have no idea what one is the right one if you know of one could you let me know so that I can look into it

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

DVDFab decrypter is a whole movie ripper that will also decrypt copy protected DVD, so yes you should be able to backup your store bought DVDs (it's kept upto date, so it works quite well). Because it rips all the video files to your HDD, you'll need DVD shrink to reauthor the movie to remove anything about it you don't want and shrink the files to fit on to a single layer disk (unless you plan on using dual layer media).

If you want to purchase a program that will come thru for you every time, I recommend using anydvd. Anydvd is a driver that runs in the backround to help DVD shrink crack the copy protection on the DVDs and produce your backup, it comes with a 21 day free trial before you have to buy it to continue using it. I, myself use anydvd along with cloneDVD2 only and have no problems what so ever backing up my stuff.

You can find anydvd and clonedvd2 here:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Note: Anydvd works well with DVDshrink, Nero's recode 2 and will also work with DVDdecrypter but some of DVDdecrypter's settings need to be changed first. If using DVDFab Decrypter, anydvd must be disabled first.

7. crash64

crash64 Guest

thanks for the help John you have been a GREAT help in all of this and made it so easy to understand I have been racking my brain for months trying to figure this out but now that I have I am very releaved (giggles) Its a good thing I found this site its been a great help and all the ppl on this site are great I just wish there was something that I could add to this site to help out other ppl who have problems with this kinda stuff I will keep an eye on things and maybe 1 day someone will come along that I could help out just as all of you have helped me so again I say thank you

8. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

You're more than welcome crash64, I'm glad I was able to be of help.

Take care
    John.

9. badger52

badger52 Member

I experienced this problem when I installed the Nero Ultra 6 updates. I found a solution by: 1) Ripping with DVDDecrypter and 2) Running Nero Recode DVD Video in Nero Smart Start. Shrink uses Nero Express to burn with as a seamless operation so your burn is the same as if you had used Shrink. The Nero DVD Recode acts as Shrink does by analyzing the files and compressing if necesary. As a result, I don't use Shrink anymore.

10. StacyB

StacyB Member

Hi Johnl123 or really anyone who can help.

I found your information extremely helpful as I have been having the same problem with Nero. I get the "Cannot connect trf" message when I try to burn a DVD. Although I have shrink DVD on my computer I am not using it when I encounter the problem. However, that is irrelevant to the question I have now.

I followed the link you sent to uninstall Nero, but I don't know what the seriel number is for my product. I remember buying an external CD burner I think Nero came with that. I sold the burner and I think I gave the CDs away. I still have Nero on my computer though. The following set of directions is from Nero's website in order to get the seriel number.

Please note: First make sure you have your Nero 5/6 serial number to install Nero/Nero Express with. The serial number should look like this:
    15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (Nero 5.x) or
    1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (Nero 6)
    It should be located on the inside of the Nero jewel case, or on the back of the paper sleeve the Nero CD came in.
    You can also open Regedit (a program in C:\Windows), and go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero-Burning Rom\Info”
    and obtain your Nero 5 or Nero 6 serial number there.

I clicked on "My Computer" and the "C:" I don't have any folders or or documents called "windows." So I typed in C:\Windows and the message said, "Page cannot be displayed." So then, I typed in the whole "C:\Windows\HKEY_LOCAL..." and got the same message - "Page cannot be displayed."

Can you please help me to get the seriel number for the Nero program that I have on my computer.

Thanks so much.

11. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

12. DegenX

DegenX Regular member

@Stacey

You shouldn't hijack other peoples threads or double post the same question.

13. StacyB

StacyB Member

Hi, sorry, I am totally new at this. When I first posted I thought it was in the wrong spot. Because it was a new topic, I thought I should start a new thread, so I posted a second time. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just learning.

Thanks

14. StacyB

StacyB Member

Sorry, me again. I have no idea what hijacking is. I only meant to post a question in the same general area as everyone else who was having trouble with the Nero "cannot connect trf" problems and get some help.

If there is somewhere I can go for posting etiquette, please direct me.

15. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member