1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cloner 3

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by susancody, Mar 17, 2006.

1. susancody

susancody Member

Purchased recently and love it. Have one major problem with it. Every movie I copy includes the subtitles and I have no idea how to stop it from putting subtitles on the recorded movie. I use the "Movie Only" option but the subtitles come up on every copy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

For you question I would look in any options menu or "final burn" menu. And I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but DVDCloner3 has a really bad reputation and many on this site agree. It is a copy of a quality DVD-Copying program called CloneDVD2 which is at slysoft.com I hope you dont have problems with DVDCloner3 but I'd be wary.

3. susancody

susancody Member

The version of DVD Cloner3 that I have was downloaded directly from the site as an upgrade, DVD Cloner 3.6. Any other suggestions would be welcome

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@susancody I wasnt implying that the download was from the wrong site what I meant was that the product in general has a shady history. I was not giving the slysoft.com site to you as a place to update. Can anyone back me up on the legitimacy of the DVDCloner 3 problems??

5. susancody

susancody Member

Nothing meant derrogitorally. I understand what you meant. Just looking for a way for it to work properly.
    Thanks so much

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thank you for clearing that up. I actually thought of a way to possibly fix your problem. (sometimes its the simple things that we forgot) this will not take the subtitles off your movie but when playing it on your Televisions DVD-Player I would try to simply turn off the subtitles. Hope you get this working.

7. susancody

susancody Member

Thanks PeainaPod. Already tried, but didn't work. Still awaiting feedback from DVDCloner. :eek:)

8. DukeNuke

DukeNuke Member

Stay away from DVD Cloner 3.....nothin but a ripoff.I should know I'm the "proud" owner of such garbage.I've never been successful in making a good copy using this software.The movies constantly freezes up on me.Their support team was no help whatsoever.As for their 3 month warranty ...mine expired after only one month.Refund would be givin only due to quality of their software.I guess freeze-ups don't count.My advice...beware of DVD Cloner3.I am now using Clone DVD 2...
    Guess what....no more coasters for me.Nothing but perfection.Must be used with AnyDVD software.

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@susancody

Not to say it again. But as many here agree (incl. DukeNuke). DVDCloner3 is frowned upon in the DVD backup community because the company is irresponsible and stole the name/(rights?) to a legitimate DVD Backup software. When I was looking for a DVD Backup software I looked at all those sites that supposedly "Rate/Compare" DVD Copying Software. And on a few DVDCloner3 was the #1 but on the majority of sites DVDCloner3 can in one of the reviews lowest categories. That and the # of people who have been burned by this software company is horrible. And have you gotten a reply yet from the company? You started this thread on March 17 2006 and you have not posted saying you got it working/recieved a reply leading me to believe that you have not gotten either. PLEASE just try the free trials of these DVD Copying Softwares:

CloneDVD2 - slysoft.com

1ClickDVDCopy - lgsoftwareinnovations.com

(if you plan to backup commercial dvds you will need a decrypter two are available:

DVD43FREE - dvd43.com

anyDVD - slysoft.com (this also has a free trial like clonedvd2 and is far superior to dvd43)

10. DukeNuke

DukeNuke Member

Like you I checked out the same reviews which put DVD Cloner 3 as the number choice which is the reason I purchased it in the first place.My problem with their software was "freeze-ups".Every single movie I burned would constantly freeze numerous times during the course of the movie.I've wasted a lot of dvds in the process.I've tried all kind of different brands (memorex,sony,fuji & even taiyo-yuden).Though I must say Taiyo-Yuden came close to a perfect copy (only one freeze-up during the movie).
    Trying to deal with DVD Cloner 3's customer support went on for weeks.Mind you I always got a reply from them with a day or two.And they had all kinds of advice but none of them fixed the problem.When I finally asked for a refund they said I had passed the refund deadline of one month (yet the advertise that you have 3 months to try it out).They also said that it has to be a quality problem before they would refund me.I guess "freeze-ups" are not "quality problems".
    Anyways I've moved on from this scenario...it's behind me.Word of advice.....Stay away from DVD Cloner 3.As for AnyDvd/CloneDVD 2 thus far no problems whatsoever.I am trying their 21 day free trial.

11. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@DukeNuke sorry to hear about how you were burned by DVDCloner3. I for one tryed out the 1Click DVD Copy software that was always either first or second and ended up buying it. Only later did i find out the truth about DVDCloner3. Not to be rude susancody but I would suggest dumping DVDCloner3 and just picking up CloneDVD2 and anyDVD. I believe it is $60 for the package and sometimes they give afterdawn members a discount (you enter a code at checkout)!!

12. susancody

susancody Member

Hi PeainaPod and DukeNuke
    I finally got the $%&((%#@ software to function properly after about 10 coasters and as many changing of settings. AND YES!! their support sucks! Got FOUR "canned" replies, all of which said nothing! I too had gone to a site and DVDCloner was rated #1 so that is why I purchsed it. Have learned a very valuble lesson and I am very glad to have you guys for support and help. You were all super! Thanks again
    Susan

13. gus738

gus738 Guest

what did you do??? i am a proud owener of any dvd + clonedvd2 but wanted to try dvdcloner3 as dvd cloner 2 trial worked for me and well i want somting that has best possible vide quality on direct backups on a single layer disc 4.7 yes this means conpression....
    every time i try to run a clean 100% new non scratched dvd on dvdcloner 3 it stops before it finishes reading it ... i belive i checked all settings and have anydvd on and off ( tryed both) and tryed on 3 dvd burners/dvd readers and no good .....

14. susancody

susancody Member

Hi Gus
    Hopefully this work for you- Used 16X on a BENQ 1620 drive. Go into tools, and open up the section for choosing what you record. Unclick all subtitles, and just leave the English audio and video. Back out and then go to "Movie Only". It also will work best just using ong drive to read and record. Hope it helps.
    Susan
    PS It isn't really a great program, my husband uses DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink and they copy anything. Anything that won't record on DVD Cloner 3.

15. gus738

gus738 Guest

thx ... but i thihnk im done with cloner 3 ... im just looking for somting that can top clonedvd2 quality backups on a backup dvd.. to conpressed single layer 4.7

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@susancody

Not to be rude but I'm trying to get you to drop DVD Cloner 3, it is a vile piece of software. All the people in this thread who HAD DVD Cloner 3 were burned by it and most say they bought anyDVD and CloneDVD2 ( together for $60 @ slysoft.com). Not one person had a single good thing to say about it. Please just by something else.

17. gus738

gus738 Guest

im going to agree on this bottom line cloner 3 is crap anydvd and clonedvd2 best period....

18. TROY81

TROY81 Guest

DVD-CLONER3 isnt a great program,but it does burn the image great onto the DVD.The problem with the program is it doest read the movies,and decrypt the movies good,the compression program stinks,i dont even use it,except to burn,after using other decrypter programs.DVDFAB Decrypter,or DVD shrink.I dont want to buy another program,so if anyone knows of a better free (just burning program) please let me know.

19. gus738

gus738 Guest

lol a free app anydvd+clonedvd you can get these best app under $60 dollars and for bein a afterdawn member even cheaper! .... use your imagenation and you can get anything free :D

20. fzx

fzx Member

is dvd fab any good? Im not sure if i should get anydvd or dvd shrink. (they seem to have their share of problems as well) and i wouldn't recommend usind dvdcloner3 anymore. it wastes a lot of good dvds and the movies you burn with it freeze up from time to time :(