1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failure to burn slide show, burning video works though????

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by reich17, Mar 19, 2006.

1. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Heres a reply from one of our respected members, Fasfrank, it's in response to an identical thread, hope it helps

I see yours goes to 99 and then fails.

2. reich17

reich17 Member

Gwendolin-

Again, please forgive my ignorance but in the quote you posted it suggested 99 or less photos per "title set". Does that mean 99 photos per DVD? The reason I ask is because the Nero software would not allow more than 99 photos per chapter on the DVD so I did not exceed that. There are 4 chapters total, 2 of which are at 99, the other 2 are less than 60 each.

Thanks again for your guidance.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I know what you are saying. I am sorry I cant help you as I know nothing about photos onto DVD it is just that I read that particular thread yesterday and made reference to it.

The member who may be able to help is fasfrank, maybe a PM to him might do the trick. Cheers.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Lets look at each thing that looks like it might be a problem.

First is your memory usage:

[14:45:13] NeroVision Physical memory : 630MB (646124kB)
    [14:45:13] NeroVision Free physical memory: 5MB (5972kB)
    [14:45:13] NeroVision Memory in use : 99 %

Nero needed to use some of the memory to start the burn process:

[14:45:13] NeroVision Tried to get 81920 KB of memory

Compare this number to the amount of Free Physical Memory and you can see there is not enough, so you get this:

[14:45:13] NeroVision -5 Unknown error.

The result being that Nero can't connect to the burner:

[14:45:13] NeroVision Error: CanĀ“t connect TRF.

What you should do is free up as much memory as possible. I suspect that all those images you are trying to convert is eating up most of it.

Here is what I think you should do to start with.

Make one slideshow at a time. Keep it to 99 images or less.

Burn this first slideshow to a hard drive folder. Give the folder a name, like "Slideshow_1 or something.

What this does is convert all those images into a DVD Video which can be then processed as one large item. You are not trying to hold seperate images in memory now. Does this make sense?

After you get the first one burned to your HDD, make the next slideshow and burn it to a second folder, Slideshow_2.

Burn number 3 next.

Once you get them finished you should have some folders, Slideshow_1, Slideshow_2, Slideshow_3 and so on.

Each folder will have a AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS and within the VIDEO_TS you will find all the .vobs, each representing a photo.

Now you want to join them together and burn them. What you can do is use Shrink.

Select "Open Files" and select the first folder.

Select Reauthor.

Use the File Browser to add the additional folders to the compilation window on the left. Once this is done you can back the entire thing up to a hard drive location or even let Shrink open Nero to auto-burn for you.

All that being said, I would not attempt anything that big until you know you can complete a smaller project. It is annoying as hell to spend all that time assembling something and then having problems.
    My advise is to work up to it slowly.
    Do what you can to make the program work better. 1 gig of RAM will do wonders for your video work . Make sure the RAM you do have is not being overworked by anti-virus programs , internet stuff or anything else you are not using but have running. Close your internet connection and disable processes in your task manager.

Back to your log...
    You have a older version of Nero it may be a good time to update:

Stable working versions:

nero version 6.6.0.18 updates:
    Package 1
    http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/Nero-6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe

Package 2
    http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/NVE-3.1.0.21_no_yt.exe

I see you have InCD listed as drivers. I'd consider getting rid of it. I don't think this is the cause of your problem though.

You were keeping each titleset limited to 99 or fewer .vobs, which is required. Other than running out of memory I don't see any other major show stopper here. There are a few minor things that I mentioned that should be corrected at some point. Hopefully I didn't miss anything, that log is tough to read.

BTW your Nero serial number is in there, you should edit it out:

[14:45:13] NeroVision - Main menu (1 page)1A20-****-****-****-****-**** *

Cheers,
    Frank

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  5. reich17

reich17 Member

Frank-

Many,many,many,many thanks! I'll give it a try.

One more question for you, what issues arise because all of my photos are on my primary hard drive and I have the Nero temporary files on a slave(?) drive, which is dedicated to the video/slidemaking I do with Nero. The primary drive has nearly 16GB of free space and the slave 19GB.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I didn't see any issues with that. It looks like everything was transferring and cached in your RAM. I can't really tell if this second drive is on a USB or not. It does not look like it but I may have missed that in your log.
    I've run Nero from my C:\ drive which is a pair of hdds in raid 0 and used a location on my other drive without problems. Currently I have everything working off the C drive only. It didn't seem to make much difference with my system.

You could always try it on your C drive only. Just use small "test" files.

7. bueller_

bueller_ Member

I registered just to let you all know what I found out. Hope this helps.

I had the same problems and was very frustrated. The error I get was "Sorry, your compilation cannot be written to this type of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation to make them compatible with the current disc"

I saw random answers about this, but saw one (and now can't find it) where the response was related to USB not being able to process all the data.

Check your USB drive to see if it's 2.0. Mine is not, and doesn't work on this computer, but worked fine on the other one I have. For me, I can burn 10 pictures to a DVD, but not 50. however, it will burn the whole thing to a CD-R, which isn;t what I wanted. If you have this problem, then I would definitely say you have USB issues...

USB Check:
    http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm