1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need WINDOWS original WNASPI32.DLL ?????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hootie69, Apr 5, 2006.

1. hootie69

hootie69 Guest

Please help me find where i can find this file needed for my Nero software to work. When i try to open the program i keep getting the error stating Nero needs the WINDOWS original WNASPI32.DLL .I believe i had this file before and found it in my Windows program file, but now it is gone.I have since downloaded a copy of this file again but for some reason i cant find it anywhere on comp again...I'm beyond confused and way passed frustrated, i haven't been able to use this program once since i purchanced the burner it came with.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if you have windows xp just do a system restore to the day before you lost the file or go to microsoft.com and download the file or do a google search and you can findit there or go to dll.com

3. ps2hacka

ps2hacka Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2006
  4. hootie69

hootie69 Guest

What folder do i need to save the file to? so far i saved it to the smartstart folder and it didnt work, then i saved it to the Nero folder and still nothing working. I keep getting the same error saying i need the "original" Windows WNASPI32.DLL file.

5. Rik60

Rik60 Guest

ps2hacka(or anybody with a clue)-

question: When I upgraded NERO recently I was unable to burn DVD's using DVDShrink-however I corrected the problem by 'downgrading' to an older vers of Nero6.Everything seems to be working fine.
    My question is re: while I was trying to figure out what TRF connect problems meant, I stumbled onto Adaptec's ASPIchk- and after I ran the check I was informed that I am missing four important aspi files(apparently).So I went to the Adaptec site and downloaded v460, unzipped(and thought I'd installed these).
    After reading a thread re:ASPI install, it seems that it is a bit more complex than merely 'unzipping' and simple install occurs(as the thread has stated-you must install in DOS mode etc.)

Now the crux of the biscuit is this:
    The following are listed as missing and I am to assume that my computer's performance is sub-par as a result(even though it seems to be working as good as usual).
    ASPI missing :
    aspi32.sys
    wowpost.exe
    winaspi.dll
    wnaspi32.dll

Next question: Why are they missing? And what happened to them?
    Were they ever even there?
    Bought the computer second-hand.
    THANKS-
    Rik

6. ps2hacka

ps2hacka Guest

7. Rik60

Rik60 Guest

Thanks-I'll give that a try-
    still a mystery re: what happened to these files in the first place?
    best-
    Rik

8. Rik60

Rik60 Guest

ps2hacka-
    Well- I downloaded the aspi winzip file(from the site you recommended) and unzipped automatically to the adaptec/aspi folder(already in the system files etc).
    ADAPTEC'S ASPICHK-still says these four files are missing?!
    So I am not sure what to do.Any other suggestions?
    thnx again,
    RIK

9. hootie69

hootie69 Guest

wow !!! tyvm this is the very first time im able to open the prog w/o getting that annoying missing file report!! i have not yet d/l the aspi bundle thing from the adaptec link u posted since it opened finally, but if you tell me its best that i do, then i will d/l it immediately. i just didnt d/l yet incase it wasnt needed if the prog opened. but i had to save the wnaspi32.dll file to system32 folder rather than the standard system folder for it to open. just let me know if i should still d/l from adaptec for the driver bundle. TYVM

10. hootie69

hootie69 Guest

ok guys.....new problem.....the prog finally opens but i cant burn a music disc at all. i have tried each burn speed available and none will burn, i keep getting same error message stating Sony DVD RW (some letters and numbers here i left out in case it was serial #) communication failure.....i want my money back for all the freakin problems this software is causing me!!!!! just over 3 mos of owning it and i cant even get any use out of it whatsoever....if you know how to fix this NEW annoying problem plz fill me in. TYVM

11. hootie69

hootie69 Guest

OMG yet another problem....when i try to burn a dvd it says this version only works with Windows2000 and WindowsXP.I'm using WindowsXP already since its the only disc i was given at time of purchasing the Dell Dimension 2100 comp. I'm very close to just smashing this comp and every software disc i have including the WindowsXP disc it came with since it appears to be totally useless for anything more than a soft drink coaster....plz help me before i see if this comp is flammable!!!!!!

12. Rik60

Rik60 Guest

Hootie-
    don't know if this will help- but I do not even have WNASPI32.DLL in my computer files- however I have successfully been burning DVD's for over a year-using NERO and a Sony DRU710A burner.
    Recently I upgraded NERO to the latest vers. (mistake) and now have gone back to an older version and -once again, smoothe sailing.

All I can offer is that I did the following :

To uninstall version 6.6.1.4, use the general cleantool found here:
    http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/General_CleanTool.html

Then install packages 1 and 2 (in that order) of version 6.6.0.18 and you'll be back in business.

Package 1
    http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/Nero-6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe

Package 2
    http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/NVE-3.1.0.21_no_yt.exe

don't forget to have your serial no. on hand.
    Best,
    Rik

13. ps2hacka

ps2hacka Guest

hello,

run the nero info tool,see if the aspi layers are installed and working first off,(it should be green),like this

[​IMG]

cheers!

14. ps2hacka

ps2hacka Guest

hello

btw,if you need any of these 4 files,just ask,and i will send them to you,and tell you where to put them

[bold]WNASPI32.DLL[/bold]
    in system 32 folder
    my comp/local disk/windows/system32

[bold]wowpost.exe[/bold]

my comp/local disk/windows/system

[bold]ASPI32.SYS[/bold]

MY COMP/LOCAL DISK/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32.DRIVERS

[bold]winaspi.dll[/bold]

my comp/local disk/windows/system

cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2006
  15. hootie69

hootie69 Guest

my scan doesnt look that way. it shows System ASPI and the wnaspi32.dll file i put there(the one you help me find), and thats it. at bottom its yellow and says ASPI file(s) are missing. on the Nero ASPI page it is the same wnaspi32.dll file but the box on bottom of page is green and says its installed and working properly.To get that Nero InfoTool page showing this i took the path of dbl clicking the Nero StartSmart desktop icon, clicked on Nero Toolkit, then Nero InfoTool. Heres another catch......if i take a different path such as clicking Start Menu, All Programs, Nero, Nero ToolKit, then Nero InfoTool......it brings up an almost identical page but yet this page says my System Aspi is installed and working properly, and same thing for the Nero ASPI page. I'm totally clueless and just finding little things along the way that dont add up. I believe i may need those file you post that are in the pic display of your post, if so let me know and ill follow your instructions. TYVM p.s. i wanted to post the screen shot of my infotool findings but i have no idea how to link it to this forum since there is no file attachment option for forum posts.

16. Rik60

Rik60 Guest

ps2hacka :
    Thanks for all your responses/help -
    I tried to install aspi files from the Windows site but according to Adaptec's aspichk-they still are not installed.
    I read another post at a different forum where it was stated that one must install aspi in DOS mode- is this true as far as you know?
    Any info you can offer is appreciated much.
    Rik

17. Rik60

Rik60 Guest

ps2hacka-
    Intresting-
    I decided to use NERO's info tool and see what it says about aspi- and guess what?
    It says the four files that aspichk said were missing are indeed installed-what gives?
    I am inclined to trust NERO.
    Rik

18. ps2hacka

ps2hacka Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2006
  19. hootie69

hootie69 Guest

i checked my files and i only have the wnaspi32.dll in the correct file, i dont have the other at all.Could you send them to me?If so ill follow the instructions you left in post and install them.If that doesnt work i will then d/l and install the force aspi.I may need slightly more clear directions where to install the force aspi since i didnt really understand the directions on the link page.I have little or no knowledge of how comps work or of the terminology of those who know what they are talking about when speaking of comp components,directories,etc.... Your help is appreciated.

20. ps2hacka

ps2hacka Guest

hello

i need your email addy,but dont post it here

cheers!!