AfterDawn Forums

Which DVD+R for Zenith XBV243 ?

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Hey guys,

I was wondering what brand(or type) DVD+R (Grade A) should I use to back-up a DVD (DVD 5) Movie and be able to play it on a Zenith XBV243. I'm using a HP dvd200i burner.

Btw, How would I go about backing-up a DVD-9? From I can understand, I can't burn it to one side, but how could I get DVD Decrypter to rip it into 2 ISOs instead then I could burn each to a 2 sided DVD? If you know a better way plz inform me?

Thx,
Saphoroth
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement

DVD-9 will be backed up by process of ripping MOVIE-ONLY and running thru a compression prog (like DVD2One or DVD Shrink) which will make it 4.3Gb...ready for DVD-R/RW (+R/RW)

For your first question you might get more response in the DVD-R Media Forum on Message Boards.

P.S. Check http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ and hit DVD player compatibility on the left side of the screen & enter your stand alone player inthe search field.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 30 Apr 2003 @ 15:47

This is what was said about your model:

CDR
CDRW DVD-R
DVD-RW DVD+R
DVD+RW VCD SVCD
Subs?
Tracks?
CVD? XVCD?
XSVCD? MP3 VBR
320kbit/s
WMA $200 8 of 10
miniDVD/cDVD support
MP3 long filename support
MP3 ID3 TAG support
DVD-VHS Combo
- Video created and burned on CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW with DVD Workshop 1.3 and MyDVD 4.0 software.

- VCD works, but requires DVD hack via remote control. Once done, VCD support and PBC option will be enabled. Info is available in "DVD Hack" section.

- When cDVD/miniDVD is used, the on-screen file manager or MP3 file manager is enabled. Cannot play the video manually at all.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.