1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ratDVD Serious Problem - HD Wiped

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by DJ_Price, Apr 12, 2006.

1. DJ_Price

DJ_Price Member

I left ratDVD to covert a dvd into the rat format over night & all went well. Then i thought i would convert it back to dvd to test how long the process would be, but i had to cancel the process because i was going out & needed to turn the pc off, but the cancel wouldnt work for a few minutes, then when it did i checked where i saved the rat file i converted & the program has wiped the whole drive apart from the rat file. Ive lost everything on there, can anyone help me something very good for recovery & if its a problem anyone else has had happening to them.

2. h3llfish

h3llfish Member

i've got the same.. hmm.. error?
    whole partition emptied, about 60Gigs of files gone for now.. I'm currently trying to recover something.
    It seems to happen when canceling a ratdvd -> DVD (ISO file) conversion.
    Is there some logfile where I could see what happened?

@ DJ_Price
    If I have success in recovering I will try to help you..

[edit]
    Everything happened when using ratDVD 0.78.1444 .

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  3. DJ_Price

DJ_Price Member

Hi, I was sent a file recovery program called "GetDataBack for NTFS" & it worked really well, a few essential files were 0 bytes, but im slowly getting them back from various sources. I would suggest checking out the site for the program, i believe that it's one of the best software recovery programs out there: http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm There the NTFS version & also a FAT version depending on the system your running of course. Just a shame i lost the files in the first place, i think it was around 80gb of stuff, i recovered around 78gb.