1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If The site Has A Problem Please Post Here,

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ireland, Mar 15, 2006.

1. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Yes it is correct. It may take anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks for your status to change.

Don't forget, postings made in the safety valve do not count in your postings.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

cdn3 is being slow loading.. taking it from 20 seconds to 2 minutes on page change.. Could be my useless internet tho. I just noticed it's the 6pm general slowdown.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@pphoenix

Posts in the safety valve don't count and they may just be busy. You'll be upgraded when they upgrade.

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Unfortunately the settings / statistics page showed the incorrect value for the forum post count. I have now fixed the page, and the value shown is the actual value that will be used when updating the member level.

All forum posts count toward member level apart from 1) posts made in safety valve, 2) news comments and 3) deleted messages (obviously).

I hope that clears things up!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Ouch, i've lost a few thousand posts!. I had approx 35,000, and 36503 subscribed threads (the subscribed figure still sounds about right). For some reason i only have 27484 posts now. Very odd, especially as i stopped replying to the masses of spam threads we get every day (ie i'd understand if replied to-then hidden spam threads subtracted from the totals) quite a log while ago.
    I don't fuss over post counts but i don't think the 27484 figure is right somehow, bearing in mind i very rarely post in Safety Valve or News, and as i say i don't think spam threads should make a difference in my case....

edit- Private Messages sounds about right as i have 2895 of those (i know, i know, i never clear them down)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  6. Ketola

My post count was off by around 45%. The difference does feel quite huge, but the current counter should be right. I'll try and make some validation runs to see if there are huge mismatches somewhere.

You needn't worry though - you're still the definite Post King over here. ;-)

7. creaky

Hehe cool. Thanks, just don't let DDP hear that, he's probably lost quite a few too and he's definitely the Post King :) :)

8. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Wow.....my count was cut nearly in half. Thanks for the actual figures, even if it is a bit shocking.

Ok, my eyes are back in my head. Whew!! I'm ok now. Off to surf thru the threads to see if I can help anyone.

Thanks again Boss!!

9. varnull

varnull Guest

I lost around 1500 as well.. last time I looked about 4 weeks ago it was up to 6702 .. and now it's 5200 ish

No matter.. If it's working properly that's all that counts really.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i lost over 20k as i was about 45k.
    You have posted 24433 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on Friday 15 October 2004.
    So far you've received 2522 private messages through our site.

11. creaky

Gadzooks, i am the Post King after all. ddp was cheating the whole time :)

12. ddp

i wasn't cheating. ever since the admin been playing around with the thread links code, i've noticed my count has been going down. the last time i checked i was at 43k & change which i thought was low but this now shows that there is a problem with the counter. even neph says i'm way ahead of him over a yr plus ago.

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm at 4119 don't know what is was before, thought it was in the 5000s. But I did beat ddp by 8 days on site registration. 7Oct04 LOL

14. ddp

i've also been noticing the clock is off by at least a couple hrs in the offensive post forum til i go into a offenxive thread to read the report then the clock is alright. again this only started when admin has been playing with the codes recently.

15. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

The front page shows the correct time for me, but the latest postings on the bottom page are several hours ahead.

My email notification page shows newest postings right now dated 12Aug, as it's 11Aug for me.

16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I'm still bringing up the back :) I don't know if I lost any post count or not - I'm guessing I did.

You have posted 18193 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on Saturday 12 February 2005.
    So far you've received 2645 private messages through our site.

ddp - I've noticed the time thing too in the offensive post forum. Lately I've also seen a few offensive posts that look like they're open and no comments posted but when you click on it a note is posted and it's closed.

17. Ketola

Thanks for reporting the problems. We'll take a look.

The posts made to offensive thread reports are ignored as well.

I'll try and validate the post counts today.

18. Ketola

Did some checks, and the current counter seems to be correct. For example your counter, dpp, is now 24444, and the actual number of messages that (should) have incremented the counter is 24518. The difference is mostly explained by the fact that news comments made from the main site have not been counted (they are counted when made via forums -- I'll fix this today so that the posts made through main site are counted as well).

To clarify, messages that meet the criteria below are counted:

1) The post is in a thread that is open or closed, but not hidden.

2) The post is made in a public or semi-public (e.g. Forum announcements) that is still open.

3) The post is not made in Safety valve, All other topics or Kaikki muut keskusteluaiheet (Finnish)

The old count was also correct in a sense - it counted messages posted, but it wasn't filtered by the above rules.

I'm sorry about the confusion caused by this. Something that should have clearly been fixed years ago, but was never really noticed.

And just to clarify, I'm not handing out Post King thrones here. =) I didn't realize ddp had the highest post count prior to the fix. As far as post activity goes, ddp has clearly been the most active over here.

I'll add the "unofficial" count to the settings page as well, so you can keep an eye on both figures at the same time.

19. creaky

Cheers Jari, all is good as long as it's correct :)

20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I just noticed this upon logging in this morning. I was on my way here to say something about it, i see i'm a bit late.

As Creaky stated, as long as it's correct. But Jaysus what a shock when i initially logged in. lol