1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert flipper to dual layer.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by malscott, Apr 15, 2006.

1. malscott

malscott Member

I hope I am in the right location to ask this question? I wish to backup my DVD "The Wild Bunch" R4 which is a flipper! Is it possible during the backup to convert it to dual layer? My burner is a LG GSA 4167B which has the lastest firmware upgrade, I am running a registered version of AnyDVD and have Dvdshrink and DVD Decryter installed. Any help with this task if it possible will be greatly appreciated as I am very new to this black art!!

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Depends on how you want to do it. Without menus is the easiest way of course, that can be done with your eyes closed. If you want menu's there are several options, and the quickest way for the newb is to use DVD Remake to merge the discs and add on a screen that asks which disc you want to play. There is also the advanced way using something like pcgedit which will allow you to stitch everything all back together and have it work any way you want.

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

That link is the movie only without any navigation or menus way, and should work just fine if that's what you want.

5. malscott

malscott Member

Thanks to both of you for the prompt replies. That location looks like what I am after as this DVD is the one film with A & B sides.
    Now all I have to do is try and see if I can have some luck with the process.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

A program that makes the task of joining easy is DVD2One. I don't know if they have a trial or not.

7. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

It is possible to do with PGCEdit (probably with DVDRemake Pro as well) without the "Please select disc" menu. I am assuming that by flipper you mean half the movie is on Side(disc) 1 and half is on side(disc) 2.

What you will want to do is open Disc 1 of the DVD with PGCEdit. Then click on "File=>Import VTST" and import the main movie of Disc 2. This will become the last title of the DVD. Then in this VTS, you should import the Main menu of the movie by right clicking and selecting "import menu".

After this, you will want to create a new Dummy VMG PGC. Create a new Pre Command and make it JumpTT to the last title of the DVD.

Now, modify the post commands of the man movie of the Disc 1 PGC. Set it to jump to the dummy VMG Menu you created.

This will merge the two discs, but there will be a pause (about 2 to 5 seconds) in between playing them. Test playback. If there is a problem with the DVD jumping to the VMG menu, then delete all pre commands in the last title. The worst it would do is turn off subtitles or something like that.

While it is possible to merge the 2 sides seamlessly, this may not be an easy task and require some work.