1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

patin coufin engine

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by FREDDIE, Apr 16, 2006.

1. FREDDIE

FREDDIE Member

i been getting a message saying {the device for the patin couffing engine is preventing the machine from entering standby.}i use dvdxcopy platnium and i have lite-on 822s dvd rw and cd rw combo i tried jusing dvd decrypter it stiil wont read it and i tried dvd shrink and i get a message saying something like cyclin redundancy check,whitch i dont now what it means. could anyone help me please it was working fine untill i did sysytem recovery now nothing could read my dvds

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

cyclic redundency (crc read error) usually means the disc is dirty or scratched. sometimes this can happen with poor quality media over a period of time. more or less the disc is unreadable. take ur system out of hibernate mode and disable the screen saver when ur doing movies, that should stop the patten couffin warning. for more info on dvdxcopy go to the dvdxcopy international forum, it should be at the bottom of the page.

3. FREDDIE

FREDDIE Member

how do i take my system out of hibernate mode

4. gamename

gamename Regular member

put the curser in the middle of the screen and right click then select properties. this should pull up display properties, then select screen saver. go down to the power and click that. where it says stand by select never. there should be a tab at the top that says hibernate, click on it, and uncheck the box. i would also set the screen saver to atleast 60 mins to be sure u have enough time to do the back-up.