My XBOX boots to Error 21 ... what happened , it was fine yesterday?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DrXthirst, Apr 22, 2006.

1. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Okay , yesterday , my xbox was fine , nuttin was wrong with it! Well , i turned it on this morning and it boots to error 21! I havent done anything in ANY drive BUT E:Games:HALO 2

So , does anyone know what happened!?

OR How I can fix it!?

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

3. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

um .... is there anything I can do without opening my xbox or my computer and by the way , I have a laptop.

4. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

I have now clue what to do!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2006
  5. tane2005

tane2005 Guest

my xbox boots to error 16

6. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

We're still working on a fix for error21.. But it will mean opening the box.. Better to find a pro repairer who has the equipment needed, and has some experience of hdd rebuilds.. There should be someone local to you..

@ tane 2005 Turn on box..put in live enabled game..switch off and on again...when game starts go to live section..choose update..

You should get a screen saying Updating.. when it finishes reboot and all should be fine..

8. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

NO , I cant do anything with XBL at all and its been like that since I got softmodded. If I click on register new account , it says Error 21. If I click on sign in it says you need an update and when I try to get it , It brings me to Error 21. When I put in the Multiplayer Map Pack Disc and hit update , it says update failed ... does anyone think this has anything to do with the linux save I used?

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

No it's a bug in the live software.. So you have a softmod box..you need to downgrade your dash and then let it update itself again.. The cure is the same as for error 16.. You can try running the game that you modded from and loading the save again.. Sometimes works, just depends how messed up everything has got in there.. :)

You don't want to be connected to XBL while doing any of this..unplug everything..

Have a read of this..thanks to TheReturn..

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2006
  10. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

well , I really dont wanna hotswap and I only have a laptop ... but thanks for the help anyways!

11. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

I need help.