1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shellmanager is corrupt or missing question...

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mkhomsi, Apr 25, 2006.

1. mkhomsi

mkhomsi Member

Hi, can anyone help me out with this. I'm trying to uninstall the Nero 7 demo on my computer, but everytime I try it it says my shellmanager database is corrupt or missing and I don't know what to do. Even if I try to repair or modify it I get the same message. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to safely remove this completely from my computer?

2. eyedock65

eyedock65 Member

If you find out let me know. I'm have the same problem

3. mkhomsi

mkhomsi Member

Yeah I hope someone helps us out with this because I now have a copy of Nero 6, but I can't put it on my computer until this demo is removed...

4. eyedock65

eyedock65 Member

Shellmanager

go to http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/us/General_CleanTool.html
    and down load General-cleantool.zip

When you run the program it will asked to go to PATH program files- Ahead. It will not like that because AHead in under Common Files.

If you keep working with it it will give you the option of doing it Mannualy. When it dose it suff it will tell you that you have to reboot your computer for it to delete some of the files.

then you will be able to go to Control pannel and Remove Files and it will let you remove Nero 7.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

6. jemaric

jemaric Member

i got the same problem i want to see if that corrects the problem because i used a clean tool nero sent me last year in an email & that did not work why can't nero make there product easier to download

7. mkhomsi

mkhomsi Member

Hey Eyedock, I tried following that advise you gave and I think it worked. Thanks. I still have some Nero 7 demo files under my start menu, however I was able to install 6 and it's working now. You were a big help!