AfterDawn Forums

Skype Feedback problems! aaaaaaaaagggggggggh

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

snugent Suspended due non-functional email address
Please help!
Can someone help me to get SKYPE working properly on my laptop. I downloaded the latest version but although I could clearly hear the person on the other end the other person finds there is this long delay (anything up to 10 sec) and some terrible echo.

I am using headphones with attached mike. i did go to the system preferences and into the sounds and i can see that the internal microphone is highlighted. I have turned things on and off so many times at this stage....nothing seems to work!

thanks for the help in advance

Sarah
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
i'm using latest version, i think it's 2.0.0.97, i get feedback sometimes, but then i did with the older versions, i think it's still Beta software so will be buggy. but other times it's not so bad with the feedback..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
The_Fiend Suspended account
You could try switching to Gtalk, Gizmo, or GAIM.
I personally dislike Skype because it kept connecting and disconnecting randomly during calls.

irc://arcor.de.eu.dal.net/wasted_hate

Wanna tell me off, go ahead.
I dare ya !
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.