1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRUTECH TT 1620

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by danferry, May 3, 2006.

1. danferry

danferry Guest

I have had one of these for about 6 months now. I have lately been having some problems. When I record (from tv-coax cable) it occasionally pauses for a second or so. So I am hoping that some one out there has one of these with some suggestions.

Also, if anyone knows where to get the upgrades, that would also be helpful-as tech support really sucks. I haven't been able to get through.

Oh, I got this from Target.

2. tompres

tompres Member

danferry...i bought a trutech dvd recorder from target also...unfortunetely after traveling, i cannot find my instruction booklet so i've never gotten to use the thing....i cannot for the life of me find a company website to download the manual...do u have any ideas for me? when i get mine up and running i will let u know if it works...i will say this, my ex and i had bought a $300 panosonic dvd recorder and it was a total pain in the butt and had problems all the time....just an fyi...best, preston

3. danferry

danferry Guest

If you have anything specific that you need to know, let me know. I do have my manual. I can give you the address and/or phone number of tech support. Or I can directly answer a question for you.

Tip;
    I had it cause an error on a disc. So I used my computer's dvd recorder to erase the disc. Put it back in and had it reformated. Just now checking it to make sure that it records okay.

Recorded for 1 minute. Did fine.

4. tompres

tompres Member

hey, thanks so much...i found the manual online at cyberhome.com...they make the recorder i found out from target....i just hooked it up but i can only if or my bose home theater dvd playing at one time..i have a pretty new philips tv with lots of outlets in the back but can figure out how to have the both work without unplugging one and plugging in the other...i can live with it tho cuz i only want the trutech to record...thanks again for the help and btw, on cyberhome.com...they have it listed as a DVR-1600...it the same as trutech tt 1620....thanks again..preston

5. crmiller9

crmiller9 Member

I also have a tt 1620. I have also been trying to get tech support. I just keep getting a message saying all circuits are busy now please try your call again later. I have been trying to get this thing to work for 6 mos. I also, got it from Target. I am able to record finally. Except when I record there is no sound. Everything else just no sound. I had to synchronize with my TIVO, DVD PLAYER with DTV. I don't know how I got as far as I did. Yet, I still am not all the way there. If anyone knows what I can do now to get the sound that would be great.

6. danferry

danferry Guest

Yeah, I got fed up with it. Bought a better one with hard drive. I was too ashamed of the tt to even give it away to someone I know. Gave it to goodwill.