1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If The site Has A Problem Please Post Here,

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ireland, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I just got an email that seems to have a bug in it. It's one of the "Thread 'x' has been updated" emails.

Anyway, I copied and pasted the email below, if anyone needs more info just let me know:

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Just have to say.. LOVE the new info..

My guess was about right.. Nice idea and should stop the constant "why hasn't my status updated" topics from appearing.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Nice find, that'll definitely stop the questions (as long as they knopw how to find their account page!).

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

they won't & we'll have to keep pointing to them where it is.

5. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

i don't know if its an isolated incident, but is anybody else having an issue with adz.afterdawn.net sometimes it takes a whole 20 to 30 seconds to resolve.

6. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Are you sure the problem is with name resolution? I.e. does your browser (which browser & version?) say "Resolving adz.afterdawn.net" while it freezes, or is there some other type of advertisement related slow down?

At 01:40 UTC the advertisement server runs a backup of itself which could slow down ad serving momentarily. I'll monitor the server more closely and see if that's the problem.

7. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

SeaMonkey is my browser v1.1.13(old build i know), it does the same in IE8. it says connecting to~.if it connects the page loads if it does not it freezes. refreshing usually allows it to go threw.

no other ad service does it, just adz.afterdawn.net.

Sorry i shouldn't have used the word resolved.

8. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i just noticed a minor problem.i clicked on the post "how to transfer music from ipod to computer" on the general forum page its in the catagory DVD-Video authoring and it took me back to the general forum page.i tryed it a few times and it did the same thing.

9. creaky

You must have had that link cached as it's hidden due to SPAM offenses. It was blatant spam too, you need to be more careful what you click on :)

10. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i honestly didnt know it was spam.i just saw it on the dvd authoring page as the lastest post but that would explain why it didnt work.will try not to make that mistake again.

11. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Just to let you know that I am/was getting an annoying Long John Silvers ad that would expand everytime my mouse went near it...

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I've seen a few of those around lately. If I run into another one I'll get a screenshot. The expansion thing is really annoying as they usually cover 1/3 of the page even on my 1440x900 resolution (Laptop).

13. scum101

scum101 Guest

oh dear... an sql injection through google ads... classy eh? .. no malware yet.. but there is a wonderful script browser exploit waiting...

darth.. have a look at ns2 and cdn3 ;)

14. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

I'm not sure if it's just my computer (I doubt it, as I've experienced it on both Windows and Linux), but whenever I click on a link (to the PS3 and Linux areas, and sometimes to the PS2 forums), there's a random chance that I'll get some sort of prompting for a username and password to access some site.

I'll get a screenshot next time it happens, but it's been bugging me for a while. I can't remember correctly, but I THINK I received some spyware on a public computer once when I clicked out of it. I can't be sure, though.

Anyway. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had that happen. Haven't checked the past few pages, so... yeah.

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

KajNrig, did it start with a t?

16. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

I think so, yes.

It might very well have been something legit that I just wasn't smart enough to see. I didn't mention that. :) /duhme

EDIT:

Screenshot (warning - high resolution) -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  17. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

The login/password prompt comes from a signature image tht is pointing to http://www.tripletags.com/uploads/c/chucktownDMB30080554.jpg . I've asked the user to edit the signature and move the picture to another hosting service.

Authentication prompts or image files cannot install spyware on a computer, so no need to worry there. =)

18. creaky

Oops i forgot to mention this to the user in question, i'd been having the same problem, couldn't see what was causing it so just blocked it was ADBlock Plus then forgot about it; but varnull showed me that it was said user's signature doing it.

19. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

Oh, okay, perfect. That takes care of that, then.

...but if it wasn't that, then what was it? Oh, no. :) LOL

20. creaky

Having appalling connection/login/timeout problems, only with AD. Have tried a different machine/different OS/different browser etc etc, so have ruled out all the usual suspects. Editing posts only works after many attempts, but usually just timeout, the same goes for searching the forums/editing thread titles. I found it bad yesterday but nowhere near as bad as today, it's virtually unusable.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009