1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMcG

PMcG Member

Hi All,

Looking for some advice re my replay lite. I have had it for a month or two now, and it is totally standard, with version 7.44 S/W loaded.

Up to now I have had no problem at all uploading the new codes, which I always get from this forum (thanks : ) When the last change happened I was away and my wife tried to enter the codes, it worked the first time, but second time around she could not access the “Current Key” menu to turn off the auto update. Since coming home I have tried and cant access it either. So the recent codes are in, but the signal still reads as scrambled.

I unplugged everything and turned it back on, the picture came in for a second then went again.

Last night I did a factory reset and am hoping that when I plug it all back in today ill be able to restore the signal to full operational. Any suggestions on resetting this?

Also I have read about the S/W upgrades that will auto scan for the new codes. Once I get it back up and running ill get a null modem cable from Maplins and update it. For now any advice on how to get the box back up and running are very welcome.

As always thanks for the tips!

Pete

2. debic

debic Regular member

pete
    if you switch it back on today after the factory reset and you still can't access the current key then you could try changing your password to 0000 then back to 7777. sometimes this can work to getting into the current key. Also make sure your parental lock and install lock are swithched off or the keys won't store. And if you have been swithching off the replay at night the autoupdate will default back on so if you can just leave it on standby till you get round to putting s/w in. hope this helps.

3. PMcG

PMcG Member

Thanks Debic, ill try that when I get home.

4. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

HI JISTER1,
    SOUNDS LIKE YOUR CABLE IS OK. WHEN YOU UNTICK THE MAINTAIN USER BOX, IT SHOULD AS YOU HAVE RIGHTLY POINTED OUT, FORCE THE UPGRADE.
    YOU MIGHT HAVE TO FLASH WITH 744 MORE THAN ONCE. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WHEN YOU FORCE THE FLASH, YOU UNPLUG THE UNIT AND REMOVE THE NULL MODEM LEAD. THEN......ONLY POWER THE BOX UP......DO NOT PUT ANY OTHER CONNECTIONS INTO THE BOX. YOU SHOULD GET A GREEN LED AFTER A MINUTE.
    IF NOT, YOUR ONLY OPTION IS TO DO THE WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN, STEP BY STEP. THIS WILL WORK THOUGH.
    VERY CRITIICAL TO FLASHING IS THE WAIT AND FOR GETTING FROZEN BOXES TO WORK IS.....EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN. THE LED WILL FLASH RED/GREEN.
    WAIT UNTIL THE LED STAYS ON GREEN.

THEN RECONNECT NULL MODEM LEAD AND UPGRADE WITH 752.

I THINK WHAT SOME OF OUR FRIENDS HAVE BEEN DOING TO FROZEN BOXES IS FLASHING WITH 744 LEAVING CABLES CONNECTED AND THEN FLASHING WITH 752. THE BOX HAS TO BE RESTARTED TO RECOGNISE THE UPGRADE COMPLETELY.
    just like you would after you have installed new software on your pc.

IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT TO UNPLUG THE UNIT AFTER FLASHING WITH 744, POWER IT UP WITH NO OTHER CABLES CONNECTED, WAIT FOR THE GREEN LED AND THEN FLASH WITH 752.

THE VERY BEST OF LUCK JISTER1
    ABOVE ALL BE PATIENT,
    I AM CONFIDENT
    YOU WILL GET IT GOING.
    BRIAN1956

ANYONE NOTICE THE TIME CLOCK FOR WHEN WE POST ON THIS FORUM.
    IT'S NEW YORK TIME.
    YANKEE DOODLE DANDY

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  5. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

YO GMAN496.

THANKS FOR THE TIP, I AM DUBLIN, PARNELL PARK AREA.
    I WILL BE GETTING SOME DUD BOXES FROM A GUY WHO WANTS THEM FIXED AND I WILL TRY THE SCAN AS PER YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.

YOU ARE DOING GREAT WORK ON THIS FORUM,
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOUNG BUDDY.

AND EVERYBODY OUT THERE, DON'T SPEND THE WEEKEND TRYING TO FIX YOUR BOXES, GO OUT AND GO MAD IN THE HEAD, ENJOY LIFE.
    HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL,

BRIAN1956

6. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

YO GMAN496.

THANKS FOR THE TIP, I AM DUBLIN, PARNELL PARK AREA.
    I WILL BE GETTING SOME DUD BOXES FROM A GUY WHO WANTS THEM FIXED AND I WILL TRY THE SCAN AS PER YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.

YOU ARE DOING GREAT WORK ON THIS FORUM,
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOUNG BUDDY.

AND EVERYBODY OUT THERE, DON'T SPEND THE WEEKEND TRYING TO FIX YOUR BOXES, GO OUT AND GO MAD IN THE HEAD, ENJOY LIFE.
    HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL,

BRIAN1956

7. phily2002

phily2002 Member

8. darren66

darren66 Member

9. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian can you tell me, if i purchase a null modem cable, will it work with any desktop pc as long as you have a 9pin com 1? ive heard it may only work with a laptop..is this true do you know? also do you know anyone who would flash my box for me if my attemps fail?

10. gman496

gman496 Regular member

The correct Null Modem cable will work on any PC with a 9 pin serial port.

11. jister1

jister1 Member

Hi Brian, I have flashed this box several times with the 7.44 firmware without any success. Thanks for all your help m8. I think I will prolly need to buy a new box.

12. JulianL

JulianL Member

I have had the Replay box (full pvr version) and mine has done the same,,, cannot access current.

factory resetted and found all the channels and scrambled.

I even went thru every provider id and changed the codes to the working ones.. (i have a working starview) but still no luck.

any idea's?

13. aidodub

aidodub Guest

hi jullian i was in the same situation last week i went out and bought the null modem cable and updated it to 722 which u will find a link 4 on one of the previous pages follow the instructions given and u will get it back up and running ....best of luck

14. aidodub

aidodub Guest

does anyone know if i have 722 updated on my box but the codes arnt updating can i re put 744 on it and then put 722 back on it will that then update its self......

15. yesomni

yesomni Member

I know I am repeating myself but does anybody know where I can source a remote control for a replay lite ?
    To those who deleted my last mail all I can say is
    " Have a good day !!"

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

HI AIDODUB,

DID YOU MEAN 752 (722 OR YOUR POST ).
    GO TO MENU.......UTILITY.......RECEIVER INFORMATION....OK

SW VERSION SHOULD READ 7.52.
    TRY.... PARENTAL LOCK.....PASSWORD 0000....MAKE SURE PARENTAL LOCK OFF....INSTALL LOCK OFF. TRY THIS BEFORE YOU REFLASH.
    SOMETIMES IT TAKE A WHILE FOR THE BOX TO UNSCRAMBLE, IF NOTHING AFTER 5-10mins, I WOULD REFLASH WITH 744. UNPLUG UNIT AND MODEM LEAD, POWER UNIT AGAIN, THE LED WILL FLASH RED/GREEN, WAIT TILL IT STAYS ON GREEN,CONNECT THE MODEM LEAD AGAIN THEN FLASH WITH 752.

THE BEST OF LUCK AIDODUB,

BRIAN1956

17. JulianL

JulianL Member

thanks aidodub

my flippin computer wont talk to the box.... reckon there's an IRQ clash or summat.

might be a good excuse to the wife to get a laptop

18. albert66

albert66 Member

I am having some problems with the replay lite box, as of last night.
    I changed the time and all of a sudden it went blank. I dont know if the two events are connected (if they are, i'm a idiot for doing it)
    Anyway, now I cant get into current key on the key manager, so I am updating the nagra key with the latest codes posted by scouser, changing the prov id etc. and when I go back to the channels to see if im back in business - nothing. Not even the irish channels. 1800: Scrambled. So I went to the factory reset button and that brought me back the irish channels. But when I went to update the codes, it got rid of those too.

Anyone at all - if you have some suggestions, please let me know

19. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

HELLO yesomni

LOOKS LIKE NOBODY HAS A SPARE REMOTE.

YOU CAN CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER BELOW,THEY ARE IN LONDON.

ME THINKS IT IS ONLY WAY TO GET ONE.
    UNLESS SOMEONE GOES MAD, KILLS THEIR BOX AND CONTACTS YOU.

http://www.rayyonics.com/home.aspx

+ (44) 0 845 1086 250

info@rayyonics.com

GOOD LUCK,

BRIAN1956

20. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

HELLO yesomni

LOOKS LIKE NOBODY HAS A SPARE REMOTE.

YOU CAN CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER BELOW,THEY ARE IN LONDON.

ME THINKS IT IS ONLY WAY TO GET ONE.
    UNLESS SOMEONE GOES MAD, KILLS THEIR BOX AND CONTACTS YOU.

http://www.rayyonics.com/home.aspx

+ (44) 0 845 1086 250

info@rayyonics.com

GOOD LUCK,

BRIAN1956

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.