1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

operation: inner space

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by kvn8907, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

the topic on this site by saharardb pretty much fit my situation to a tee :http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/172723

I found this site by searching Yahoo for "Reinstall from Inner Space CD to fix." Unfortunately, the topic is more than a year old, saharardb is suspended permanently, and there was never a response. I'm hoping to have more luck. Also, if this is the wrong topic, or the wrong forum, please tell me so I can find someplace that could help me.

For those who don't know, Inner Space is a game whose website can be found here: http://www.sdispace.com/inspace.htm

Fun little game. I played the demo a few times thougout my life. One of the most interesting things is that the game is harder the bigger your Hard Drive is, because you have to "rescue" your files in the game. Back in April 23, 2005, I got the full version from a guy called "Moshe Katzav", e-mail address <eyes_da_only@yahoo.com>. We're not talking anymore, but that's another story. Anyway, I didn't really have much use for the game, since I had so many Hard Drive files the game would be impossible (it's a very unique game), and just remembered it last night after I had to wipe my Hard Drive. So, I got WinAce archiver and expanded the file, and installed it, but it said the download file wasn't a CD. So I burned the files onto a CD-R and reinstalled it, but when I again double clicked on the program's exe file, it said "Drive D:\ is not a CD drive. Reinstall from Inner Space CD to fix." Drive D is a CD drive. Is there any way I could successfully run this classic game?

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  2. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  3. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

Don't put me on the back burner :(

4. gtr32

gtr32 Member

I have a method that should get the game running

Look at win.ini under your Windows directory. After you've installed the game, there should be two lines that read:

[Inner Space]
    CDPath=X:\

Delete the CDPath line and the game should run properly.

5. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

really? wow, I shouldn't have visited this site at 2:00 in the morning. Now I'm getting my hopes up. I'll try it 1st thing tomorrow, and tell you how it goes.

6. kvn8907

kvn8907 Member

Yep, it worked. I'm not getting the CD error message anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.