1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macs pros and cons

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by emachine, May 20, 2006.

1. emachine

emachine Guest

Think of going apple but would like input.

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

go apple

first off welcome to the apple macintosh disscussion here at www.afterdawn.com

my recommendation go mac here is why on a daily basis hackers are creating viruses that attack windows but not mac os macintosh still runs all the windows programs including windows xp using boot camp or virtual pc you can still do microsoft office macintosh has a universal driver that reads everything from digital cameras to wireless keyboards and think about photo editing

photoshop elements on pc is 149.99 on mac 100.00 you save 50 dollers on software everytime with mac versus pc

and things are just going to keep geting better and better
    by a mac join the croud of mac users

the only con that i have with mine is the cost of memory but not bad if you purchase the computer with enough memory

3. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

there is a mac version for office as well..

no need for pc

4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

true it is called mac office 2004 edition

soon microsoft will be realeasing mac 2007 edition for macintosh once leopard comes out

5. Nick600

Nick600 Regular member

I have a windows PC, as I always have just in case and for gaming but the computer I use the most for work & web design, is my iBook. The best programs to accomplish such tasks are available on mac for less or equal the cost of the PC version. For instance, Adobe products will always be made available for Mac.

My laptop is a iBook G3 500Mhz 384MB Ram. It is a little over 5 years old but I find it runs Mac OSx tiger better than a high end Pentium 3 or early Pentium 4 runs Windows XP. I use Adobe Creative suite 2, Macromedia Studio 8 and Office 2004 quite regularly on the Mac and I also find they run very smoothly.

Another high selling point for Mac is the design. Partly because the computer itself looks so good but also because I find MacOs X to be very fun and easy to use. It almost feels "futuristic". All the functions and programs are efficiently interconnected. Simple but I still discover new tricks and functions here and there from time to time.

Macs are also very stable. This is due in part to the fact that Mac OsX is based on Unix but it also helps that the same people that design the computers are also the ones that design the OS. Windows, on the other hand, has to cater for so many different hardware manufacturers and that translates into more problems for the average user. A mac literally works right out of the box. I guess in a sense, so does the PC but I usually find myself spending a lot of time setting it up.

One low point for mac is that although it has great compatibility with peripherals, still not all software and game manufacturers are interested in rewriting their products for the mac so I wouln't recommend it for gaming. This situations is currently improving though...

Overall, you really have to see what's right for you and your money. Just don't listen to people that go on and on about how crappy Macs are. They certainly are very high quality computers.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  6. jan123

jan123 Guest

I was wondering now that macs have an intel core 2 duo, do they run smoother. Also the nex OS, OS X Lepord is coming out his spring what will be the differences in that compared to tiger.

7. hemby642

hemby642 Regular member

I dont know about running smother but defentaly updates to the tiger