1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDidle.....anyone used this before?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by randyf42, May 22, 2006.

1. randyf42

randyf42 Guest

Hi - I am on a mission to find a simple *working* dvd backup program. I used DVDXCOPY Platinum for years but it spontaneusly stopped working and now im screwed. I saw someone recommending this DVDIdle program as a very easy "1click" copy. Thier website makes it sound real easy and reliable. HAs anyone had any experience with this program?? Thanks in advance

Randy

2. randyf42

randyf42 Guest

^^^^^^^ sorry the website is DVDidle.com but the product is DVDFab Platinum/Express/etc.

Thanks

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have used this program and it works out fine, it is basically like Xcopy. You will have express mode and then the gold mode for splitting. It will rip/compress and burn. It uses VSO patin-couffin interface the same as Xcopy has and it the burning engine is very good. The program has a free trial, try it out and see if you like it.

4. randyf42

randyf42 Guest

it will burn copy protected discs right?

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes it will do all the new protections and is updated regularly. The ripper is the same free one you can get which is DVDFab Decrypter and this program rips to your HDD and then you must use other programs such as the free DVD Shrink to compress and then another program such as Nero, DVDDecrypter, ImgBurn, CopytoDVD to burn. You can go with the free programs or try out the all in one, your choice.

6. randyf42

randyf42 Guest

so let me get this straight..... If i was to purchase DVDFab Platinum i would still need to get a compressing program (DVDShrink, etc)??? Or is DVDFab an "all-in-one" where i just buy the program and it will burn my protected dvds, compressed and copy with the push of a button?? sorry, im a little inexperienced when it comes to things like this. THANKS!!!

RAndy

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

No DVDFab Platinum the pay program does it all, it rips/compresses and burns. DVDFab Decrypter is a free program by the same developer and just rips to your HDD and with that you would need other programs. DVDFab Decrypter was put out there when DVDDecrypter went under to fill the need for a free ripping program. Try out the platinum before you buy it and see how it works.

8. randyf42

randyf42 Guest

awesome - thanks for your help!

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You are welcome, if you have problems come back and will try to work them out.