1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DVDs will skip and jitter on stand-alone players...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brink22, Jun 4, 2006.

1. brink22

brink22 Member

When I play the DVDs on my computer, they play fine. However, when I watch them on my TV DVD player, the picture often skips and it's really annoying. This started once I bought a new spindle of DVD-Rs. DVD Identifier tells me that these discs are Ritek (RITEKF1). I burn at half of the rated speed (they are rated 16x, I burn at 8x). Can I be positive that it is the discs that are causing the problem? Like I said, I was burning with Fujifilm discs before (they were rated at 8x and I burned at 8x and NEVER had jitters). What should I do?? :(

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Try 4X or 6X with those discs and see if your results are different, also don't multitask during the burn and keep your compression levels in check...if needed use Deep Analysis and the AEC controls in DVD Shrink (if that is what you are using).

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

some high end players are more finicky with which disks it wants to play! LOCOENG gave great advise! the lower end players seem to play all that you feed it! go figure!