1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

we are all here to help each other, thats what the forums are about,

so just keep a watch out if you have the clone firmware on you clone receivers, that all we are saying,

2. dickieg

dickieg Guest

Ive just been asked to get a box for someone, can anyone tell me if theres someone decent around the Wolverhampton area, thanx in advance

3. timtyke

timtyke Member

Well i can safely say im sticking to 2.57 on my clone! If it packs up it packs up ive still saved a ton of money on sky regardless...

4. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

theres no such thing as a clone friendly v3. its identical to the original and the original kills clones so stay awasy from both!!

5. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Hi mikey, just to let you know, the link at the end of your message still has clone friendly v3 on it.
    I don't know if you know who put it up, I can't remember, but you might want to ask him if he will remove it.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread title renamed a little more.

Just had to ban a not-so-smart poster who was trying (badly) to disguise his email address. Also, let's have no more pointless chatter, no more profanities, etc etc.

Forum Rules are in my signature, refusal to adhere always offends.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  7. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

he hasnt been on for a few days nut as soon as hes on i'll tell him to remove it

8. DRUIDIUS

DRUIDIUS Regular member

Your right mikey my mates box went today i gave him the v3 firmware the day after i used it so looks like its codes or nothing for clones

9. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

ive got hold of instructions to do this jtag thingy!! isnt there a simpler way?

10. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Mikey, do you have the schematic for the non-ic version, looks like you only need a parallel lead, and 5x100ohm resistors to make.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/517771

Hopefully next week when I'm off shift, I'm going to buy the bits, and make one.

11. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

i cant understand why theres an IC version when theres a non IC version. there must be a reason why an IC is needed therefore cant see the non IC working!

12. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

To be honest mikey, I'm not sure myself, but I think it has something to do with buffering, which the non-ic version won't do, as I say, not 100% certain about that.

I did ask the guy who put the diagram up, he was very helpful, supplying files, etc. and he said he had used it on a number of boxes.

13. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

well i guess theres no harm in trying! whats the worst that can happen? the box is already dead!

14. stampeo

stampeo Member

all boxes that have been flashed with v 3 are going off but there are not dead can be put back on

15. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

how do you mean theyre going off? i know lots of people that have dead boxes. just the same as what happened with 260. the 300 is unsafe for clones

16. trev1cbr

trev1cbr Member

Like alot of other people my box has sadly died. I have got the diagram off of GremlinM (thanks) and am pretty handy but i could do with a bit of an idiots guide with this. Has anyone got any written instructions on bringing the boxes back to life as i can follow them better than understand the diagrams. Unless anyone has found a better way. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

17. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

can you send me what youve got please? ive got some instructions so we could swap. if you click on the link at the bottom of this message, download the help file & my email is in there. thanks

18. amjdon

amjdon Member

djgerbill

i dont find that funny at all shouldnt take the piss we are here for advise - not to be taken the piss out off - as u can see i am a novice to this issue

i would normally unleash some serious words but my anger at the moment is on my box aint got time for jopkes

19. larleg

larleg Member

CHANNELS GONE IN GALWAY!!!!! ANY NEW CODES YET?

20. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

guys who ever got a fake/clone receiver from a seller that thought he was selling a orginal receiver , get in touch with them, and ask for a refund or part exchange for you dead receivers, as you have 12 MONTHS warentty with them, does not matter if its been flashed with the 2.60 or v3.00 firmware, as we all now to carry on watching all receiver have to be firmware flashed too watch, & also most likily there must have sent you a link to satdownloads for all future updates, so basicly it there problem to sort out this mess, so dont be put off or pissed about as there should have been selling orginal receivers in the first place, & i am sure who ever was selling them on ebay , did not advtise that there receivers were clones, ALL ARE ADVTISED AS ORGINAL RECEIVERS,

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.