1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display Function and Funk.exe

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by MAZ1, Jun 7, 2006.

1. MAZ1

MAZ1 Member

This is my first time writing a post and it is probably too long so I apologize ahead of time...

I was infected with the funk.exe, nj.exe, ej.exe virus yesterday. I believe I successfully removed all three programs using a slightly different method than the ones I found on the Internet (HiJacks or something). I have done repeated searches for funk.exe/nj.exe/ej.exe and can no longer find them on my computer...and they are not in my system32 file.

Basically, I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and selected the "processes" tab, I then highlighted funk.exe and selected "end process". I then quickly deleted funk.exe from the system 32 file and emptied my trash. I can now no longer find funk.exe anywhere. HOWEVER,

I am not able to set my wallpaper to pictures. When when funk.exe first took over, did they mess with the wallpaper function? I am able to change the background color but that is it. How do I fix this?!

Megan

2. JaPK

JaPK Regular member