1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLA files to audio cd

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dramaquin, Jun 8, 2006.

1. dramaquin

dramaquin Member

Hi,

I'm a newbie here and have absolutely no clue on what I am doing. I am just helping my 14 yr old with the issue. She has some music files with extension fla. I am trying to use my nero express to make a CD for her. Somehow, the nero express program cannot read this type of file extension. It gave me an error on requiring a certain plugin. Actually, I downloaded foobar2000 which I can play the songs but not sure how to convert them to audio cd format to listen on player. I am not video or audio savvy.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks.

Dramaquin

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

As far as i know fla files are project /source files made by macromedias flash 8.

Download flash 8 (or if you already have it) and open up the fla file. Than if you look in the library you should see the sound file (or it could be somewhere in the timeline), Then i think you can drag and drop it onto your desktop or save as or something like that i think and it should be in a format ready to burn with nero

You can get 30 day trial of flash 8 here
    https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flashpro

If you cant get it to work maybe post your .FLA file here http://ezshare.de/ and i can try to convert it for you (if you dont mind posting your file on the internet:)

Give it a shot and Good Luck

3. dramaquin

dramaquin Member

Hi SocoII,

thanks for replying. I tried to download the flash trial but it's a paid version. Anyway, it's only these music files I have to convert so there is no point in buying the program that I won't be using eventually. My daughter wants to make these music files for father's day present. It is quite a big size..at least 362 mb. Not sure if I can upload to the website you mentioned. I will try to put a few files there and see what happen.

Thanks for the help.

4. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

you can upload some to rapid share and the rest to http://www.megaupload.com/
    if its one file you can split using winrar and create multiple part files.

5. dramaquin

dramaquin Member

Hi SOCOMII,

I have attached a link here for the files on Sadao Watanabe's Bossa Nova. I'm not sure if it works as it is the first time I upload a file on the internet.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ARIYH1Y8

6. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Well im downloading it right now, ill give it a go later today , and see what i can do.

7. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Ok, well i downloaded the file and gave it a go with Flash 8 and it said unsuported file format. So then i opened them in foobar2000 and could hear sound. So then imported them all into there and selected them all and hit "convert to same directory" and for the encoding preset i set to WAV. It encoded them in about a minute and were playable with regualer software like windows media player, they are also ready to burn using "nero" and burning as an Audio Cd.
    If you have any trouble converting them i can post the converted files on a website for you to download.
    Good Luck :)

8. dramaquin

dramaquin Member

I tried to search and convert the file to wav on foobar2000 but I am not tech savvy. If you could convert and upload to the same site I would appreciate very much.

Thanks

9. dramaquin

dramaquin Member

Hi SOCOMII

I finally figured out how to do that. Thanks. You don't have to convert and upload for me.

I really appreciate your help very much.

Cheers!

10. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

No problem, Glad to help !