1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HDV HC-3 video capturing and editing

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Motomatt, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I just got my new Sony HC-3 high def camera and I love it! I just need some direction or opinions on what is the best way to capture it from the camera. I have been using CapDHVS on my 1394 firewire.I have lots of trouble trying to edit any of the files or convert them after capture.. I convert the files with HDTVtoMPG.. I also recently installed the latest version of hdtvtompeg and it wont even load the a captured file anymore. All I want is a simple straight forward way to capture.. Then convert to something that is supported by most any media player. I would like to convert to windows media HD..only because I can stream it to my xbox360 in high def. I cannot seem to get windows media encoder to work properly either.. Thanks for any input.. It would be greatly appreciated..

Matt

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Have you tried adobe premier, it can capture in HD (im pretty sure) and it can output to WMV-HD.