1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 - Audio CD Track/Artist Naming ??

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by larrymcg, Jun 17, 2006.

1. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

I'm using Nero Express 6 to make an audio CD. Source files are all wav files that I recorded. When I add the files to the audio CD creation window, Nero tends to put the file name (sans .wav) in both the title and artist fields. But if the file name is only two words, e.g. Miss Jones.wav, Nero puts Jones in the title and Miss in the artist. Adding a third word, like A Miss Jones.wav, causes all three words to be put in both places. Of course I can edit the info but that can be a lot of work when there are lots of tracks and I don't want artist info on any of them.

Is this just a weird thing Nero does? I can't find a preference that addresses this behavior.

Thanks,
    Larry

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

3. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

The GodFather seems to be for everything BUT wave files. In any case, the wave filenames are exactly what I want them to be and what I want the title to be for CD Text. The issue is not with the names of the files. The issue is what Nero does with the filenames. And for files, like wave files, it should not be making up things like Artist when there is none.

So, I think Nero is acting badly and wondered if this is the way it is, or if there is something strange going on in my case, or if there is some way to control its behavior.

--Larry

4. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

hmmmm.....Pretty quiet out there.....

I'm still wondering if this behavior is normal for Nero when making music CDs (with wave files). That is, if the file name is two words then Nero takes one of the words and makes it the track name. That's wrong!
    --Larry
    PS: If the file name is one word or more than 2 words, Nero uses the file name as the track name which is what should happen every time.

5. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

You mention v6. I don't recall for 6, but in 7.0.8.2 Express there is an Advanced / options tab. In the Audio tab click options,this comes with a list of encoders/decoders. There is also a Artist/Title Information Source button that is has some configurable options. Maybe not exactly there in 6, but should be configurable somewhere.