1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Optiarc Drive and book type setting.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by sandt38, Jun 18, 2006.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Regular member

I am not sure where to put this, but the question pertains more to the drive then the bitsetting. First, DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn offer a book setting change. I have just purchased a new Dell (hence my venturing to this forum :) )with a dual layer burner. The drive unit is an Optiarc DVD +/- RW ND-3570A. According to my research Optiarc is a joint venture between Sony and NEC. The info as follows:

Sony Corporation and NEC Corporation announce today that they have signed a definitive agreement to establish a joint venture company, Sony NEC Optiarc Inc., in carrying out optical disc drive business. Shinichi Yamamura, currently Deputy President of Video Business Group of Sony, will serve as the president of the new company. Sony and NEC will separate their respective optical disc drive businesses on April 1, 2006 in preparation for creating this joint venture. The planned date of establishment of Sony NEC Optiarc Inc, is April 3, 2006 and it will take over the two separated businesses in creating one company

So do I input this as an NEC drive for bitsetting?

ImgBurn offers Nu Tech, Plextor, RICHO, Samsung, BenQ, LG, LITE-ON and NEC.

2. krashman

krashman Member

Hi sandt38,
    I'm sorry I don't have the answer for you but indeed I have the exact same question you do. I too have the Optiarc DVD +/- RW ND-3570A included with my Dimension Dell and it appears to get DVD+R DL's to work in my DVD player I have to set the book type to DVD-Rom. Its a bit frustrating because there is not too much info out there on this particular model and I really am not sure how to know if this model is capable of changing the book type.
    Have you had any luck yet figuring this out?