1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how 2 mod old halo 2 maps?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by sheba18, Jun 27, 2006.

1. sheba18

sheba18 Guest

how do u mod old halo 2 maps ex:zanzibar because everytime i apply a ppf or serenity or sppf and resign it and do everythin else i need to do it just loads up as the original map(unmodded and everythin)it gets really annoyin plz help.

Thanks.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you would mod them the same way as the new maps nothing has changed....make sure the ppf's u have are legit try modding it with dothalo save resign the map..ftp it to your box and see if it works...if it does then something is wrong with the patches u have if not then you are just doing something wrong...

3. sheba18

sheba18 Guest

lol no i found out u have to copy the game to ur hdd of ur xbox...

thx for the help pfft

4. plim123

plim123 Member

i know how to mod and ftp maps to the pc but i cant find the old maps, where are they located?

5. theridges

theridges Guest

did you copy the game to your HD? they should be in E/Games/Halo 2/maps

6. andrizzle

andrizzle Member

i have read fourms about how to put halo 2 on ur HDD but they all say something different!!! can someone post a tut on EXACTLY how to do this and have it where halo 2 is labeled under games on unleashX. i want to mod old maps and i have a elongation mod where the jackal sheild is on the map but when u pick it up u dont see it. i dont know if its supposed to be that way like i dont see it because halo 2 isnt on my HDD or somethin but i dont really care about that mod i just want the old maps on my xbox!!! please post a tut so i can finally get this done! thanks

oh and a random side note: go visit www.andrizzzleshizzle.piczo.com

7. theridges

theridges Guest

go to se7ensins.com they have a lot of info about modding halo 2 there....

8. andrizzle

andrizzle Member

thanks but i took a chance last night and put the maps on my HDD and i looked under the games tab on unleashx and halo 2 was there. I press A and it says loading halo 2 then i get a dirty disc error! i have tried this many times and i still get the error without a disc even in the drive! i hadnt put in one file on the HDD mainmenu.map so i thought that might fix the problem but nooooooooo it still gets the error. can someone help me out here cause im tired of this error!!! is there like files that im missing that i dont know about or what cause i followed like 3 tuts at the same time! i haven't checked out the se7ensins thing yet so ill do that but yeah someone HELP!!! thanks!

9. TapRooT23

TapRooT23 Member

best thing u can do is get rid of the game on the c/games file and use dvd2xbox save it in c/games and then get rid of the campaigne maps if ur not moddin campainge dont get rid of nothin else and it should work

10. abries

abries Member

ok man urproblem is u have the stock harddrive u cannot fit Halo 2 on ur stock Harddrive w/ the campagin maps and everything. There is a secret way to do it throgh FTP by booting ur linux dash so u can establish connect with ur xbox then close the disc drive and the D: folder should come up if it doesnt then disconnect and reconnect ur FTP untill it does. One done COPY ALL OF THE MAPS EXCEPT THE CAMPAGIN ONES they should have like a a01 bo1 and junk u can tell the diff onto ur computer. YOU SHOULD MAKE A FOLDER ON UR COMPUTER THAT SAYS HALO 2. Once all of the data example: binks, maps, etc is copied onto the folder u go back to the E:/Games ere u take the Halo 2 folder on ur computer and drag n drop it into the Games folder once done turn of ur xbox and boot ur EvoX or UnleashX dash and go into the Games on HD and Halo 2 should be there.

11. frkydkybb

frkydkybb Member

Ok I have a queston. Is it possible to play your old maps online after modding them. I was told no because when you load your Halo 2 off your HDD then it stays in FTP mode and wont connect to live. So you have to go into the MSD and change your IP settings back to the way they were. After that the ontly way to play halo 2 without going back into FTP mode is to load it off the disc. As we all know if you do that you don't get the modded old maps because of course they load off the disc. So if anybody knows what the hell I should do or if I can do anything, Leme know.

12. TapRooT23

TapRooT23 Member

there is a way but i dont know how search google or even the forums on afterdawm it should tell u i did read somthing about it i think u have to burn the game to a cd or dvd r not sure but just look for it

13. frkydkybb

frkydkybb Member

i figured out that u have to use the renamer tool to make the xbox think the old map is actually a new one so it loads off the HDD.

14. thegrizz

thegrizz Member

i have the killtrocity map pack on my xbox already, if i put a nother halo 2 on my hdd will it fit?? or do i need to deleate kiltrocity?

15. thegrizz

thegrizz Member

i have the killtrocity map pack on my xbox already, if i put a nother halo 2 on my hdd will it fit?? or do i need to deleate kiltrocity?

16. XTheOneX

XTheOneX Member

Another halo 2 ?
    will it let you ?

17. thegrizz

thegrizz Member

well its like i have it named as H2 KILLTROCITY and i wanted to add the regular halo 2 to it, so do u think it will fit???

18. XTheOneX

XTheOneX Member

Personally, I've never did anything like that before.
    Give it a shot.

19. thegrizz

thegrizz Member

ok yeah i just found out that i only have like 51 MB left in the games folder so i wont be able to put them both in there

20. izzybob

izzybob Member

Hopefully a simple question from a noob...
    I have Halo 2 on my HDD.
    I was considering getting the Halo 2 Expansion Map pack. Will it simply work as is?

Thanks in advance.