1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Transcoding Tools Produce The Best Picture Quality.

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Sophocles, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobear

brobear Guest

Thanks Sophocles, now you may call me Sir Bear. :) I hadn't noticed the Senior on there until you mentioned it. It happened since I was on last time. I'd say they made me a senior so I would be nicer; but I have always had such a sweet demeanor, how could I improve? ;)

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, you, bigo, Doc, brian, and Double "D". You guys all earned it.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You guys definitely have earned it. I've thought you were all Senior Member material for a long time. Congratulations on proving me right 8D

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sophocles, please, you'll have to go thru my personal assistant if you wish to speak to me. lol

Thanx buddy, you too vurbal(and that wonderful guide, when's remake's due out? ;)

brobear, i've been looking for a little tool like that, do you recommend the skip doctor, I have heard the motorized one is the way to go. Thanx.

Hey, does that senior title make me look old?
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  5. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks Sophocles and vurbal. I definitely appreciate your support.

6. terrytj

terrytj Member

@ brobear...

Thanks for the link, I did check it out. This topic (disc repair) is being simultaneously discussed here and the 321 Rip forum...so forgive me if I get muddled.

@ bigo, doc409, brian100 & double d...
    Add my congrats too. I am ignorant of the process and presumably an elevation to Senior Member is accompanied by the usual perks of high office (salary increase, stock options and a better Superannuation plan), so well done! :)

7. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

@terrtj ... lol. Yeah, right, all that stuff and more. :) . Thanks for the congrats.

8. terrytj

terrytj Member

Ooops, just realised, I forgot to specifically mention brobear's name in my congrat list. My apologies, no offence intended, Oh Esteemed One :).

(Actually had it in opening of my last post to brobear, then deleted the reference intending to lump all you guys together, then forgot what I had done and then...Ah Heck, you know how it happens. Getting old and forgetful isn't any fun....

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

terrytj, it can be fun if ya just know how to go with the flow, I find Jack Daniels whiskey sours with a lot of ice and a cherry does the trick! ;)

Thanx for the congrats.

btw, good to see ya at Rip!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  10. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I hear that Jack Black makes a real mean mint julep, also. Or is that just for your friends to the north?

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I find it does pretty good with all applications, no matter what ails ya and no matter where you live! Of course my friends to the slightly north do have horse racing to go with their mint julips. ;)

12. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Thanks for the congrats, and congrats to the other newly-promoted members. :)

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Congrats to you also dd, (i like the donkey better). ;)

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I have a feeling it's going to be unbearable around here for while.:)

15. terrytj

terrytj Member

bigO...unfortunately I am a non-drinker so I cannot find refuge in that comfort. Also don't smoke and my wife won't let me go out with 'bad wimmen'...SIGH :)

It was funny bumping into some of you at the Rip...didn't realise how connected the circle was.

I am gong to see if I can get skipDR here, maybe eBay.com.au

16. Mrcookjr

Mrcookjr Member

Ok I saw a lot of jabber but what's the best program to use???

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

There are 36 pages of "jabber" concerning the question, so I won't bother you with any more. :)

18. brobear

brobear Guest

Yep, somebody beat that one to death. There are at least a good 20 some pages of factual information for one to draw conclusions from. In the end you can notice there were some prominent names left in the standing. From the list and the info you can make up your own mind. In the end we found that it boils down to personal preferences when you deal with top line software programs. Just remember, price is not always a factor and watch out for media hype.

19. brobear

brobear Guest

Terrytj
    Thanks for the thought, I think. Just kidding. To all the new Seniors, congratulations. For all the congratulations, thank you. As for being unbearable, not a nice thing to say to a bear. yuk-yuk-yuk, stole that one from a stooge.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Mrcookjr

Give them a try, DVD Shrink is free and the others all come with a fully usable trial version. But to ask which best one clicker is better is like coming upon a Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew and asking them what the best religion is. We’ve all come to our own conclusions and I think that most of us are happy with your choices. You could if course review all 800 plus posts.

Best of luck to you.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.