1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO trick! real time CD write speed!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Rotary, May 27, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

this is to show in nero the actual real time write speed to see what your drives actually run at!

i have a liteon 52/24/52 and it burns at full tilt 48X

1, run regedit

2, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/ahead/Nero - Burning Rom/Recorder

3, then on ShowSingleRecordSpeed change the value from "0" to "1"

VIOLA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thx all.......

Last edited: May 28, 2003
  2. chippeh

chippeh Member

thanks for the tip well done

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

dod you get it going? what writer do you have and speed?

thx......

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Very nice drawing Rotary (hehe). Off the topic here but did you ever get a chance to backup Ravenshield with your Plexy using Alcohol 120 and see if the backup plays in your Samsung drive? Thanks for the Nero trick!> :)

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2003
  5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i did try but it crashed after read in part!

also i had a problem with that alcohol from the SITE!?!?

it made nero burn discs ok but when installing it took 10 mins yes 10 mins to autorun?

so took alcohol out and its fine on burning?

i have just reloaded my system with 80 gig SATA150 drives the new type on raid mirror so i am very reluctant to install that proggry as it act different as we know on installing like the latest one from the alcohol site?

so it may be bugged? not sure shoey?

also i just did GTA vice city securom v4.8????????? with blind and autoplay thats fine!

i had to rename the BWA file for the first disc to the second disc as they both have copy protection in them! it worked!!!

hey shoey done anymore games?

any new proggys out?

thx......

EDIT:

also on reloadof xp i put in new aspi layer and clony didnt like it!!!

so took neros aspi layer from its folder and put it in clony folder all works fine now!

new aspi was 471a2_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2003
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    My Alcohol is fine, maybe yours had "one too many"?

What game?
    GTA Vice City have 2 SecuROM protected cd's? If so then did you create or download 2 bwa files?
    What is the exact name(s) of the cd characters of GTA Vice City? (Example, UT 2003= UT2003_CD1
    Did the 2 SecuROM protected cd's (backups) spin up in all your drives? (Litey, Plexy, Samsung)? I know Plexy drives are very picky, as well as Toshiba when reading backups of SecuROM 4.8.3^ up. Only new game I backed up with a breeze is The Sims Superstar as I used Alcohol 120. I used my Litey LTD 165H to read the image (Safedisc 2.9) and the backup plays flawlessly in both my drives. (Polaroid BurnMAX48x, ignore media& bad sector emulation), autorun enabled of course, lol. Also, what version of BlindWrite Suite did you use to successfully backup GTA Vice City?
    1) BlindWrite Suite 4.25
    2) The latest BlindWrite Suite version?

From the many forums I visit and my own experience, ASPI 4.6 is the more "stable" ASPI Layer, consider installing.....

Shoey :)___X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Main Website^ (Afterdawn)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    ------------------------------------------------
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2003
  7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

Yep GTA vice city has 2 protected cds got this off cdfreaks i think? but there are a few threads talking about it

i used the BWA download from somewhere cant remember? probably off the cdfreaks site but not in the thread list i used someones data base and a guy told me its only for cd 1 and to rename it to the second disc! and it worked! so use on both discs!

the BWA labels were:

GTA_VICE_CITY.BWA

VICE_CITY_PLAY.BWA (renamed first one! to this!)

volume labels were:

GTA_VICE_CITY

VICE_CITY_PLAY

also didnt know isobuster could read image of blindwrite!

the blindwrite suite was the latest version 4.4b

never used anything else!

thx..

will load game and try all drives!

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

@ shoey

yep! works in all drives!

had to READ at 4x and write at 8x

also in plexy takes 5 to 6 secs to load

litty takes 1 sec to load!

samsung takes 3 to 4 secs to load!

thx....

PS

installed from the plexy drive too!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Well done Rotary! Good to hear the latest BlindWrite Suite release can safely backup the latest SecuROM 4.8.x cd protection!

Shoey :)

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there shoey

hey i liked this gave me a chuckle...

** My Alcohol is fine, maybe yours had "one too many"? **

also NEED MORE GAMES TO COPY!!!!

hey shoey which out of all games you know to date is the "WORST DAM ONE" to copy?

thx.....

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9(with pre-gap)& hands down. A "1 sheep burner" can backup the latest SecuROM 4.8.x and no need for any software installation to play the backup(s). Now Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9, we need either BlindWrite Suite or Alcohol 120 installed to play backups (cdrw) and autorun enabled as well. On top of that, 1 sheep burners are struggling to backup this tough cd protection (Macrovision).

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes i can see what you are saying there!

so shoey am i right in thinking that i can make a backup of GTA vice city with no need for emulation like blindwrite (autoplay written into disc)?

isnt this cdrom dependant and also it wont play in the cdrw drives??

Thx.....

EDIT

is there any 3 sheep burners and do we need them yet to backup?

thx.._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No emulation needed to play your backups of GTA Vice City as long as your roms can bypass the twin sector(tages) cd protection scheme of SecuROM 4.8.x. Did you do your backups correctly and create a "play disc" (bwa file) and a "install disc" (no bwa file).? Some roms (like my Litey& Polaroid BurnMAX48x)) will play the backup just using the "install disc", others can't. 3 sheep drives? I know there is a Toshiba model out there but can't remember what the actual model # is. The "play" disc is specifically designed for roms that can't install the game (or play). This is why it is very important to create 2 backups of the SecuROM protected cd(s) as the backups may not work on your secondary or laptop pc.

14. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Just one question. You state that You have a 52x24x52 and it burns at 48x. I hive an ASUS 52x24x52 and in nero it too only burns at 48x. There was one exception: the 52x disc that came with my drive?

Do you happen to know if the 52x-specification explicitly requires 52x discs? Because before when I had an LG48x24x48 I was burning 16x certified discs at 48x no problem. Now I'm using 32x discs and I can only burn them at 48x (same goes for 48x certified discs).

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not sure i get 48x on 40x discs? never thought about it much? i only bought it for burning 2 sheep games!!!!

not tried the disc that came with it? still got them wrapped nicley for when i sell it or upgrade and retail box!

but a very valid piont you rasied!! never seen 52x discs it may be why itsat 48x?

i have seen a guys pictures with the same drive as mine at 62x yes 62x !!!!!!!!

thx....

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

bump guy needs this for testing a big problem!

17. vpower

vpower Member

Wich version of nero are you using? I'm doing another simulation and I BANG computer rebooted.
    I did the hack you to me about showing the real speed. Going to do another nero test.

I got the email from Pioneer, but that I already tried that solution. I'm going to re-contact him

solution:

Waitqueue failed
    Please start by updating to the newest Nero version if you don't already have the newest Nero version is installed.

If you are using Windows NT, then please open the log file with a text editor and look for a line which begins as follows: CmdNotification
    If there is a 0 at the end of it, then it would appear that the installation didn't work properly. Please contact techsupport@ahead.de and ask for SCSICmdNotifCallback.

The error can occur if devices are over-clocked. Please do not overclock the devices.
    If you are using a mainboard with a VIA chipset, then please download the newest DMA-drivers (busmaster) from the VIA WebSite and install them.
    If you are using an IDE burner and have got a harddisk connected to the same port, then please connect the burner separately to another port for test purposes (as the master), as some chip sets or their drivers cause problems if the burner and the harddisk are connected to the same port.
    If the error continues to occur:

Please now check if the error disappears if you use a text editor to create a file with the name QueuingOff.reg which contains the following lines:

(note that REGEDIT4 is the first line, there must not be an empty line ahead if it!)

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]

"SCSICmdQueuing"=dword:00000000

Now save the file and in Explorer doubleclick on this file.

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

how i have my drive is it is on its own eide channel! and its the main master/primary as i dont use this! i have 2 SATA 150 drives on raid! different channels to eide!

also i have the latest via HYPRION drivers v446 installed i always keep upto date!

also those specs sent by pioneer are confusing?

let us know how you get on i am very interested in this!

Thx...

EDIT:

Have you done a simulated test on ACTUAL wrie speed yet? and did it error?

Thx..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  19. d_2ned

d_2ned Regular member

thx rotary 4 the nice and simple trick

20. vpower

vpower Member

Hi

Yes, I did a simulate a burn, 4x-4.1x
    and I still got the error msg from nero.

Rotary: wich nero version are you using?