1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iRiver T10 Series Mp3 Player?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by andersg, Jun 30, 2006.

1. andersg

andersg Regular member

I was thinking about getting myself one of these mp3 players mostly because they arent to expensive plus I really like the look and the color of them. I was thinking about getting the 1gig blue one but I have heard some good and bad things about this mp3 player, anyone have any input on whether or not I should pick it up?

2. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Looks alright. Take a look here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_T10_1GB_Blue/4505-6490_7-31404718.html

They say it's design is awkward/bulky, USB cover doesn't stay on, and pricey. So if you're going to purchase one of these you should browse around to find a good deal. They range from $85-$200, so you should look at cnet's price links on the bottom of the page.

3. andersg

andersg Regular member

I've never seen them anywheres for $85, there is only one left around my area without having to drive over an hour and a half to get it and it is priced at $179.99. I might end up just buying this one even though it is bulky.

4. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Paying $180 for a 1GB mp3 player is outrageous. You could get a 2GB Nano for that price or a Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8GB for that price. So you should definately order a mp3 player off the internet because that store is ripping you off.

5. andersg

andersg Regular member

Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8GB you said?, Jeeze that sure sounds like a better deal too me. You think the MicroPhoto is worth getting?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  6. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Most definately. I use to own the Zen Micro and was very happy with it. Returned mine because there was a lower price at a defferent store but, got a iPod Video for Chrismas so just kept that. The Creative Zen Microphoto 8GB has everything like a microphone, fm radio, color screen, photo capability, msuic, and more. Plus there are a lot of colors to choose from. You should go to the local store and try out the display model You should definately get it. If your going to buy one online browse around to find a good price. It got the editors choice award. Circuitcity's price is $187. Here is the review from cnet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen_Micro_Photo_8GB_gray/4505-6490_7-31570067.html

7. andersg

andersg Regular member

I realized if I was gunna go for the kind of low 1 gigabyte mp3 player in the 1st place for $179.99 CAD I might as well go for the iPod Nano 1 gigabyte for $149.00 USD which turns out to be 166.41 CAD I think, which is still cheaper. I would rather have an iPod rather than any other type of mp3 player just because I know for a fact thye are good mp3 players that can stand alot of usage. Plus the Nano has everything the Zen MicroPhoto has except the FM Tuner function and the extra 7 gigbytes of space lol. Even though it only has 1 gigbyte I'm pretty sure I have my mind set on this one now because chances are I would never be able to fill up 8 gigs worth of music anyways.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  8. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Love the Nana, very sweet mp3 player. Yeah I would probably get a 1 or 2GB Nano rather than than Creative any day. Very nice player. You may want to look into this website:

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/families/ipod/default~family~10.asp

They give you a fm transmitor, laser engraving, and a carrying case free after rebates! Plus the Nana is $143 instead of $150.

I forgot the Apple website has a refurbished section where they are selling 2GB Nano's for $170. So if you need the extra memory you may want to go for this. Good luck with your purchase

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  9. andersg

andersg Regular member

The ones on the site you have me look like they are for Apple computers. I have Windows XP. I also cannot seem to find the Refurbished section of APple.com

10. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

11. andersg

andersg Regular member

The refurbished ones have a pretty big price drop. The only thing is that I dont have a credit card to buy them with so I will have to buy them in store so that pretty much puts the refurbished ones out of the picture. Earlier I was just looking on Apple.com for an idea of what I might have to pay to get my hands on one. I also Have to change all the prices to Canadian Dollars too

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006