1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD guide: DivX AVI MPG MOV VOB 3GP MP4 Mkv to DVD with subtitle, menu

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by morobert, Jul 4, 2006.

1. morobert

morobert Member

There are so many guys asking questions about using ConvertXtoDVD to convert and burn [bold]DivX, AVI, MPG, MOV, VOB, 3GP, MP4, Mkv, FLV, NSV to DVD[/bold]. So, share an excellent guide here.

This guide describes how to convert and burn video formats such as DivX, Xvid, AVI, WMV, MOV, VOB, MPEG, MP4, DV, 3GP, mkv, tivo, MPG, FLV, NSV to a standalone playable DVD with a few steps using VSO ConvertXtoDVD, a great video converter and DVD creator program.

1. Free download ConvertXtoDVD,install and launch.
    Tip: The software supports many different languages including English, Finnish, Dutch, French, German, Arabic, Italian, Japanese, Spanish etc. You can select your native lauguage by clicking "Settings -> Lauguage".

[​IMG]

Tip: From "Window" menu, you can add "Video Preview", "Information" or "Log" to the interface.

2. Browse "File -> Add video file" to add the file(s) you'd like to convert.

[​IMG]

Menu: You can customize background image, set title font and items font, Change the title name from "My DVD" to what you like, etc. From "Video Preview" window, you will immediately see the effects you are setting.

[​IMG]

Add subtitles: You can add separate subtitles in your DVD video, right-click "subtitle (0 stream)" and choose "Add Subtitle channel". The program supports STR subtitles and SUB & IDX combination. If you can not add subtitles successfully, please check whether your subtitle file and your video file are in the same folder and give them the exact same name keeping only the extension. For example, in "My movies" folder, there is cartoon.avi and cartoon.srt.
    Add chapters: You can also add custom chapter point by right-clicking "Chapter (0 entry)" and select "Add chapter".
    Change Menu text: Double-click "Menu text" to rename.

3. Click "Convert" button to start the conversion.

4. You need to use the "Burn result to DVD" option to burn the DVD, or burn it manually. Select "Action -> Burn DVD", choose the VIDEO_TS folder in your working directory. Insert a blank DVD+R(W) or DVD-R(W) in your drive and burning should start automatically in 15 seconds.

[​IMG]

Done! Just so easy to convert and burn video files to DVD.

[bold]More optional settings before converting[/bold]
    [bold]Set working directory[/bold]: Browse "Settings -> General" to configure where the ready-to-be-burned DVD files will be placed.

[bold]Set NTSC & PAL mode[/bold]: If "Video Standard" is set to "Automatic" in "TV Format" tab, then ConvertXtoDVD will apply the same standard according to your source file. If your source file's Frame Rate is 23.976 or 29.700, it is NTSC. And if it's 25.00, it's PAL. If you want to all your burned DVDs to be PAL or NTSC, just make one as a default Video Standard.

[bold]Set Fullscreen & Widescreen[/bold]: Click "Settings -> TV Format" and set "TV Screen" to "Automatic", "4:3" or "16:9".

[bold]Burn DVD directly[/bold]: If you want to burn DVD immediately after converting, please check "Burn result to DVD" in "Burning" tab. Here, you can also set burning speed slower in order to avoid those annoying errors that are common when burning faster.

[bold]Quality and Speed[/bold]: In "Encoding" tab, If you like the burned DVDs' video and audio quality will be as high as possible, please select "High quality / Slow encoding" from "Encoding quality/speed". In fact the converting speed is not slow at all. Certainly, if you think the speed is the most important factor, use the "Low quality / slow encoding" option.

[​IMG]

[bold]Burn to DVD9 (8.7GB) or DVD5 (4.3GB)[/bold]: As usual, keep the default "DVD-5" no change. If you have many video files to convert or the videos are very long, please choose "DVD-9" from "Target size" in "Encoding" tab. Note: A DVD5 disk can carry over 2 hours of converted video with high quality.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  2. agentgman

agentgman Regular member

thank you very much. that helped me a lot!! thank you morobert!!

3. morobert

morobert Member

ConvertXtoDVD is really great to create DVD movies.
    If it has strong video editing function, such as timeline and frame editing, It will be more powerful.

4. lee91

lee91 Member

It messed up my DVD it gets 1/3 through the movie and says cannot read disk, also it messes up the audio synconising and makes the picture choppy ?

5. Banichi

Banichi Member

ok, my MKV (matroska) files are not recognized by ConvertXtoDVD, is there a plugin or addon I need? I have the codec (k-lite) to PLAY the files, CX2DVD just wont recognize them.

6. morobert

morobert Member

lee91, I think you have completed the conversion process, but the problem appeares during the burning. Can you playback the files in the VIDEO_TS folder well?

Banichi, can you load the mkv to convertxtoDVD? It should support mkv well if you can play this format.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  7. lee91

lee91 Member

it works fine on the computer, it messed up on the DVD Player

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  8. i_t_Xpert

i_t_Xpert Guest

Lee91,

Check your private messages.. I need a link to the goods....PEACE!

9. expect

expect Member

i used Normal for quality and the quality of the video is pretty bad. i can see pixels. If i use High Quality would the video be really clean? like the original AVI file?

10. morobert

morobert Member

The DVD quality will be greatly improved if you set as "High quality / Slow encoding". You might as well try to encode several minute (just convert to DVD-structure files, Not burn to DVD), then play it to have a check.