1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirates of the Carribean 2

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by FALSE, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FALSE

FALSE Member

Just watched the premier and it was SWEET!
    Go see it now!!!!

What your still here???
    I said GO!

FALSE

Edit* No one put any spoilers in this thread*

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

lol yea im going to see it later tonight cant wait!!!!!

3. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Any movie with Johnny Depp [bold]not[/bold] consuming drugs is not a good movie. He doesn't fit any other profile after you see Blow and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Nah, just kidding. The first Pirates of the Carribean was great to be a Disney movie. I plan to watch it when it hits shelfs, I don't think it would be worth my $7 to see it once, then have to spend another $7 to rent it just to have it. I'll just wait a few months until it makes it onto DVD and then I will give it a watch.

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Ehm... Do we honestly need a new thread every time a new movie comes out ?

5. ireland

ireland Active member

YES,
    as i sure would like to hear the comments about this movie
    Pirates of the Carribean 2

as the first movie was very good,,,

edit for spelling

6. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Johnny Vaughan gave this maximum ratings in The Sun. While most of the stuff written in that paper is *utter* garbage, Johnny is usually spot-on

7. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

I liked the first one.

It had a little everything.action,drama,humor,...etc. I thought it was good all around.

Can't wait to see this one because movies have sucked lately.It's about time for a remake.

8. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

9. FALSE

FALSE Member

@The_Fiend, Ehm.... Do we really need people complaining about a movie thread in the "safety valve", especially when it's probabbly the summers biggest movie?

@niobis, Fear and Loathing is one of the best ever, Blow was sweet to. Oh and trust me Pirates 2 is more than worth the $7 (more like $12 where I live).

@everyone else, It was ALMOST as good as the first movie. WAY BETTER than most sequels. Davy Jones and his crew look awesome. They did a great job with the effects on them.

The one thing I didn't like is they left the ending totally open. Kinda like The Matrix 2 did. Guess I'll just have to wait till May '07 for the third installment of Pirates.

*EDIT* *No one put any spoilers in this thread for the sake of the people who haven't seen it.*

FALSE

10. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

To answer your question, yes, we do, as in my non humble opinion, it's pretty strange that earlier last week a new movie thread was closed, due to the fact that there's at least 2 other unused movie threads to be found here, but this one then seems to slip by...
    And for that matter, so what if this is the summer's new blockbuster?
    Does that justify giving it a thread of it's own, Even in the safety valve ?

11. FALSE

FALSE Member

@ the_fiend, don't know why your strollin (or is it trollin) in this thread. The safety valve is imo a place where folks can post just about anything. So long as it's not offensive or inflamatory the safety valve would be home for it.
    No one asked you to read this thread and no one asks you to view this thread so please keep your nonconstructive posts to yourself.

If you feel you'd like to make a ban on all movie threads, please do so in a different thread in the safety valve. More power to ya.
    However I respectfully ask you to hold your comments from this thread (unless of course you would like to comment on pirates 2).

@all, so what did the rest of you think about pirates 2?

FALSE

12. ireland

ireland Active member

FALSE
    JUST AND IDEA..ITS YOUR THREAD as below is up to you...
    i do not remrember if we have a movie thread here in the safety valve

Change the title of the thread to some thing like this..

The Official Movie Discussion Thread..if you want to talk about any movie please do it here..

all,also its up to the site mods if a thread is a keeper here in the safety valve

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.