1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup of brute force game

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by darthnip, May 30, 2003.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

has anyone been successful in backing up the game "brute force"? it's like 5.71gb when transfered over to the pC, what files need to be ripped out to downsize it?

2. MJ70

MJ70 Guest

I successfully backed up my original of Brute Force. It actually was 5.12GB after I downloaded it to my PC. I removed all the extras and the new size was 4.7GB(4.37GB). I recommend everyone go out and purchase this game, it's awesome.

3. darthnip

I did, and i love it, but i want to back it up. what exactly did you remove?

4. MJ70

MJ70 Guest

I just removed all the demos. I left the entire game intact. I deleted the "FX", "Mech", and "videos" directories. I also deleted the demo.xbe, this removed the option to select demos from the main title screen. I have the NTSC version, not sure if it is different from the PAL version but I was able to burn a backup after the demos were removed.

5. darthnip

ok i tried that and it brought it down to 4.37gb but now nero is giving me the "incorrect block size" error and the iso only comes up as like 400mb in nero. any ideas??

6. MJ70

MJ70 Guest

What did you use to make the ISO? I did get the same error as you when I used Craxtion. So I just used GDFImage after I patched all the *.xbe's to to make the ISO and then I used Nero to burn. My backup is working just fine thus far.

7. darthnip

i used craxtion, i went back and redid it again and it works now. i guess my stuff just gets weird sometimes. i'm working acrossed multiple drives so i'm thinking something got corrupt somewhere the first time. seems to be ok now.

8. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

have you guys tried putting it into the HD because i tried and it doesnt work. And also which program do you use to patch the .xbe files. i am using copyhunter which i dont know if is good