1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to put newer games into hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by wongie_jm, Jun 3, 2003.

1. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

i am having the hardest time trying to backup some new games into the hard drive eg. brute force. But i have succesfully backed it up into a dvd r by patching the xbe files. we are pretty fortunate that we can delete the demos to make it less than 4.7 but what if microsoft make some of the future games much bigger and the we cannot delete the the files because they are crucial for the game to work. And besides i heard that the laser in the dvd drive might mess up if it reads dvd back ups too much.

2. x_rider

x_rider Member

Hey Wongie, I don't know if you saw my post below yours. I asked if anyone knew how to make Brute Force fit on a 4.7 dvdr. I have all the files and I know you can delete the demos and uneeded video previews. Can you tell me which files/folders to delete and keep so I can have a working copy of Brute Force.

thanks,
    X-rider

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i took out the halo and mech demo files, and the demo.xbe so it wouldn't even give the option for the demo's. it dropped the size to 3.48gb and it works great. i just took out things that said demo, halo, or mech. and the demo.xbe

4. x_rider

x_rider Member

Thanks alot darthnip. That works fine!

X_rider

5. darthnip

thats what we're here for :)

6. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

i read that you can also delete the FX folder, although i don't know what it's for but darthnip's way works too. By the way way, darthnip, have you tried backing it up to the HDD, i even tried using the Hdd loader 1.1 but it still doesnt work.

7. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

Are you saying that you got it onto the hard drive and then it didn't work or that you can't even get it on the hard drive? If you are having problems getting it on the hard drive I reccomend XCommander. I just bought Brute Force today and backed it up onto the hard drive, no problem.

8. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

yeah i got it into the the hard drive with hdd loader but it didnt work. i then transfered itfrom the dvd drive into my pc, patched it with copyhunters and then transfered it back to the xbox hdd and it just stopped at the loading screen when i start the game. hey Drew, how did you back it up into the hdd with xcommander. did you have to patch it.

9. darthnip

haven't tried to play it from the hard drive, but if i get some time tonight i'll check it out.

10. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

I just copied it to the hard drive and it worked. You guys do have the newest X2 bios, don't you. I don't know about the evox bios, but with the x2 bios there is no need for patching. I haven't come across a game that won't play yet.

11. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

does the X2 bios work with the matrix chip?

12. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

As far as I know, any bios will work with any chip.

13. rainmanx

rainmanx Guest

Hi I'm new...
    I have a new 120 gb hdd with evox 1.8.3285 and I can't copy the new game on it...
    How do you copy this game and if you use xcommander, How do you use it.

Thanks

14. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

download xcommander, ftp to xbox, place xcommander into the "applications" folder, reboot xbox, run xcommanderfrom "apps". There's a "read me" file included when you download xcommander, tells you how to input commands with the gamepad.

cheers

15. nismo01

nismo01 Member

is there anyway to copy files from pc to cd-r with a format xbox accepts? I have trouble with network b/c my nic for my xbox seemed screwed.

16. LoLyGaggr

LoLyGaggr Guest

Sup Sup! I tried doing as darthnip said and deleted demo.xbe, mech folder, and demo movie folder, but it only brought it down to 4.6 . Even at 4.6 Nero still wont let me burn saying the media is too big for the DVD. Anything else that can be removed? I'am not too sure about that FX folder, it looks kinda important to have.

17. darthnip

there should have been a halo folder in there too i think. pretty sure, i know mine was way under size to fit. but that was a long time ago so i cant remember exactly what files there were.