1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivxtoDVD ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by durda111, Jul 21, 2006.

1. durda111

durda111 Member

Hello again. I am converting my xvid files to dvd and evertime I try to do multiple conversions in one session it freezes. While I mentioned the freezing that's not really my question. Although, I would like to hear imput on why it might be freezing. Anyway, my question is if I convert all of the files individually will I have problems trying to burn and compress the files onto a single DVD? And if you could tell me how exactly to go about this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

what prog. r u using to convert them?

also if u use the search there r tons of threads about this subject, and there are guides in the guide section in AD

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  3. durda111

durda111 Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention. DivxtoDVD. I know everyone is now using convertxtodvd, but I am a poor college student that needs to use freeware and I know the free trial of convertxtodvd leaves a watermark.

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

So your a poor college student, with a computer, with a DVD Burner, with DVD Blank medias, with a TV, with a DVD player, man that is poor :)

VSO ConvertXtoDVD is not so expensive, and I think worth every $dollard$.

DivxToDVD v0.5.2b Freeware, might still work on lots of file, but you may have some issues with newer files, and badly encoded files that ConvertXtoDVD can how handle better.

My 2 cents, oops my 2 dollars, since you are poor <Evil Grin>...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  5. durda111

durda111 Member

Yes, I am a poor college student. I got the PC for graduation and I do not currently have a job. My parents pay for my internet connection and my rent. DVD media blanks cost next to nothing. If you don't want to tell me if there is an alternate way to go about this you don't have to. And if that is the case then can you tell me if ConvertXtoDVD sells at any retail stores or is it only online?

6. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I was just trying to be sarcastic, I guess it was bad humour :)

I have purchased VSO ConvertXtoDVD because it does the job right and it's real easy to use.

There is always DivxToDVD v0.5.2b Freeware but like I said, you might have issues if your video files, and this version will not calculate the bitrate to make it fit on a DVD5.

So you might be able to convert all your 5 episodes, but you might need DVDShrink after, to shink it to make it fit to a DVD5.

Then you will need to find a freeware burning software to burn it.

ConvertXtoDVD comes with it's own burn engine.

I do not know an other free alternative, sorry !

I know student life is not easy, sorry if I have insulted you !

7. durda111

durda111 Member

Nah, don't worry about it. Is there any place to buy ConvertXtoDVD other than online? Like at a place like Best Buy or something like that? Thanks.

8. CAGal

CAGal Regular member

Hi,

You are right, ConvertXtoDVD can only be ordered online. However you can pay by many methods besides credit card: Paypal, check, wire transfer. There is more information on this here http://www.vso-software.fr/shop.php

only difference, the longer to recieve the money the longer it takes to receive a key.

Keep your eyes open and Afterdawn coupon for VSO Products (including ConvertXtoDVD) is coming soon

9. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

10. SkylineP

SkylineP Member

Give Nero Vision Express a try. Very easy to use. Have the Mpeg 4 Codec installed. All you do is add the movies, make a menu if you want, and click burn, converts the movies and then burns them. Very easy.