1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading embedded video: .swf files

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by CiDaemon, Oct 28, 2006.

1. motionandy

motionandy Member

Ive got one for you.

I am trying to download this piece I edited, cant seem to get it using any of these methods..

I can't post a link because I'm a new member.. but it's on mtvnews dot ca

Just pick any video, and I can transfer the method to the video I need.

Much appreciated

2. shrz321

shrz321 Member

Ive got one too, know this is an old thread but hope someone can help..
    desperately trying to download or at least find the direct link so it opens fullscreen with none of the side stuff

not sure if there is an issue with posting links..

www bbc co uk / cbeebies / somethingspecial / watch / clap /

3. AuntDawn

AuntDawn Member

Hi Cidaemon and Adamryanx, or anyone who can help me out with my little dilemma :) I know this discussion is from 2006, but I thought I would give it a try in hopes that you all are still responding to posts here. I have been trying to download these fit-in-five videos off of this site doctoroz.com/fit-in-five, so that I can watch and do the exercises from my TV. Ive read and tried several different methods as to how to download these videos, but nothing Ive tried so far has worked. Ive tried using software, browser extensions, page info, trying to play each file to see what it is, but nothing has worked for me so far. Can you help me please? Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  4. Bina9

Bina9 Member

hey

could someone tell me how to download this video?

www.regio-tv.de/video/150607.html

thx

5. Shlomod

Shlomod Member

can someone help me download this file from this site

nlpmindfestevent.com/player.html?Filename=/nlp_s/nlp_Horton_s.mp3

I would like to have it on my PC

6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

7. Shlomod

Shlomod Member

Thanks JST1946

the only problem is that in the media tad I can only download play.swf the actual mp3 file I cant download

If I save as the link I gave you before it would save player.swf not the mp3 file

can you help me?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  8. AuntDawn

AuntDawn Member

Thank you for the link JST1946. I tried the same link, or a similar one before. They didn't work for my case. I'm not sure why.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  9. suvisuper

suvisuper Member

Videos from youtube can be downloaded by various means.
    But some of the videos belong to a particular channel which could not be downloaded by any youtube download softwares that i tried.
    Eg: The videos 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugiANaZQSkI&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1' or 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkNc2rlLSgk&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1' belong to youtube channels and i could not download them using many of the video download softwares like internet download manager, etc i tried. They only seem to download a .htm file and nothing more. Please let me know if there are any softwares that help in doing this.

Note:This is solely for personal usage and is not intended towards copyright violation.

I tried Jaksta and got the below error:
    It is illegal to bypass copy protection.

Your only legal option to record this content is to use screen recording software such as Replay Video Capture.

To download a free trial please visit http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/.

Please also check the FAQ and forums on http://www.jaksta.com to see if the same non copy protected content is available from another website.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  10. adamryan

adamryan Regular member

Okay you guys, I'm back. Who wants videos downloaded? =] I will download and share your videos on a first come, first serve basis.

Cheers,

-adamryanx

11. sakvideo

sakvideo Member

I would like to know how to crack through the layers and find the flv or swf at the heart of this: [ech-tee-tea-P colon slash slash 3 double Us]cbsnews.com[slash]video/watch/?id=7385686n

Sorry for the url funny stuff, but new users can't post links, as you all know. Can you piece it together?

The vid I want is in this wrapper: [ech-tee-tea-P colon slash slash -new user breakup]cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player.swf

But I lose track inside the xml player config file which has links to a cgi-bin (for Nielson tracking) and a dll (for ComScore tracking). Those look like market monitors, not delivery vehicles for the video. So Im getting lost right out of the gate.

sakvideo

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  12. ChrisWill8

ChrisWill8 Member

Hi CiDaemon,

They are right your really good at this. Im not sure whether this is enough information for you but when you view the banner without the annoying watermark down the bottom this is the thingy from the Firefox>PageInfo>Media part. Of course when I download EmbedPlayerV2.swf it is just a blank thing with a loading circle spinning which must have directions to the actual hidden swf file. Would love some help with this if you have some time.

files.bannersnack.net/app/swf2/EmbedPlayerV2.swf?hash_id=fc7e3176dce700cc2267056eb3598958&clickTag=null&t=1321323811

Kindest Regards

CW

13. jasminech4649

jasminech4649 Member

Adamryan,

Ive been trying to download the videos on this page (I need to have a copy of these videos as well as some other videos on their website - I could video capture them, but that would take a lot of time):

www.solidworks.com/sw/resources/getting-started-3d-design-overview.htm

Ive tried the whole Page Info, Media thing and broken down the embedded file name and have tried various URLs that use "tribeca.vidavee.com" and "movie1237298500895", etc etc, but Im not even sure Im on the right track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Jasmine

EDIT: I've managed to get it! It was the dockey I needed, not the movie1231515etc.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  14. zivilars666

zivilars666 Member

Hi everybody,

okay, I am normally a guy who searches the whole Internet (if necessary) and tries out everything to figure out the solution by myself - I also tried in the case, but I failed. I have to give up. I tested every method out there I found, but I cant figure out how to download these Flash videos to my hard disk:

redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Video/the-sounds-something-to-die-for-021243122062054

(As Im not allowed to post links as a new user, please manually enter the missing letters for the Hypertext Transfer Protocoll and World Wide Web in front of the now incomplete address ... Sorry for this, no other possibility.)

I'd like to save all four videos by "The Sounds" (the HD versions, you have to switch it on first on the player button) and tried the whole SWF stuff, trying to find the "real" URL inside of the downloaded SWF file which is only a few bytes big etc. - no luck. Is there any kind soul out there who can help me, download them with his/her knowledge to share with me? And/or even better: explain me how to do so myself in the future? No problem to download YouTube videos, but I cant figure out how to do so in these case ... In on a Mac, so if there mabye is a good software tool working for these cases, I'm even willing to pay for this. If there a Windows-only program who finds the right video URL by itself and downloads the video, I can also use this via Bootcamp. If there's a method to grab the video by myself, I'm more than willing to learn. (Again, I tried to find the SWF file with Safari/Firefox showing the media links on the opened site and stuff like that - but no instruction from the net was successful ...)

If anybody can help: THANKS A MILLION IN ADVANCE!!!!

Greetings from Germany,

Lars

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  15. adamryan

adamryan Regular member

Is it the Autism video you want?

-adam

16. AuntDawn

AuntDawn Member

Hi Adamryanx. I know that I've posted to this thread before, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm posting again. I have been trying to download these fit-in-five videos off of this site doctoroz.com/fit-in-five, so that I can watch and do the exercises from my TV. Ive read and tried several different methods as to how to download these types of videos, but nothing Ive tried so far has worked. Ive tried using software, browser extensions, page info, tried to play each file to see what it is, but nothing has worked for me so far. Can you help me please? Thanks!

17. adamryan

adamryan Regular member

I've downloaded the first video for you. It's available here:

http://www.filedropper.com/fitinfivelowerbackthedrozshow

As for the rest, I'VE MADE A VIDEO TUTORIAL. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD MOST VIDEOS, WATCH IT. IT'S AVAILABLE HERE:

http://fliiby.com/file/1101402/olmgvq1lrlc.html

All the software I use is

free, and my technique requires no advanced computer skills. It's all laid out fairly easily. Enjoy!

I'm a strong believer in if you give a man a fish you'll feed him once, if you teach a man to fish you'll feed him forever. =]

Cheers,

-adamryan

18. zivilars666

zivilars666 Member

Hi Adam,

could you also have a look at my post above? I also have some videos I am not able to download and would really, really appreciate help. I have no Windows here at the moment - if you can tell me that your recommended "StreamTransport" also works with these videos in this special case as easy as in your tutorial video, I'll figure out by myself as soon as I have access to Windows again. (On a Mac right now.) If not, I would be really glad if you could help me out otherwise as I tried everything I could with no luck.

Thanks in advance and have a nice Sunday!!!

19. AuntDawn

AuntDawn Member

Thank you so much Adamryan. You truly are the best!!!

20. adamryan

adamryan Regular member

Zivilars666,

StreamTransport worked just fine downloading the videos you wanted. I know you said you are on a Mac, have you looked into any (Mac) programs which will allow you to run Windows programs? If you have an Intel based Mac, please consider trying the program Wine Bottler, available: here. If it works for you, please contribute to this thread with details regarding your experience! Give the specs of your Mac, which OS you're running, any other versions you know it may work well with, and how easy it is to use! We want this thread to be as helpful as possible for all future readers!

As for your videos, you may download them here:

The Sounds - Better Off Dead: http://www.filedropper.com/thesoundsbetteroffdeadhighmp4

The Sounds - It's So Easy, Dance With the Devil: http://www.filedropper.com/thesoundsitssoeasydancewiththedevilhighmp4

The Sounds - No, No http://www.filedropper.com/thesoundsnonohighmp4

The Sounds - Something To Die For: http://www.filedropper.com/thesoundssomethingtodieforhighmp4

They videos are in .mp4 format, which means you can easily just send to your iPod/iPhone and play, no need for format conversion. Enjoy!

Cheers,

-adamryan