1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI computer to HDMI Television?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mangemonq, Jul 24, 2006.

1. mangemonq

mangemonq Guest

Hi,
    I bought a 26" television sharp Aquos (LC26D40U).
    My goal is to know if it's possible to connect my computer to my TV.
    I have an amazing graphic card (Nvidia Gefoce 6500) with DVI. I bought the DVI to HDMI cable and connected the two. I see something but the resloution is not crisp(writting is not well visible).
    I know your going to say to change the resolution of my computer but i did, and it still doesn't work.

Please tell me if it's possible to have that TV with this card and make it work.
    Thank you very much.
    ERIC

2. vicson88

vicson88 Member

eh i dunno really how to help you, but i have a media center PC and i tried both S-video and Compnonent with all the resolutions possible and i dont get any results of good quality. I think it might just be the TV.. i have a Sharp Aquos 27inch also. I got it for like 899 so i guess the TV is just bad. I looked in the manual.. it gives me this stupid resolution that isnt on my graphic card :(

3. mangemonq

mangemonq Guest

thanks
    That's what Sharp told me
    I contacted them and this specific model isn't made at all for TV use.
    What a good waiste of money!!!
    ERIC

4. darith27

darith27 Member

Same here, I have a 7900gs and it doesn't even display the recommended resolution of 1366x768 . It does look nice and crisp on 800x600, but that resolution is very 1990's. I will have to go exchange it for another.