1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 1942

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Mainframe, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Mainframe

Mainframe Member

I downloaded cd1 of battlefield 1942 and I burned it on a cd and installed it and came across crc error. I know its within the sectors so I went and used CDMage to scan for corruption, but the file was a application file, so I couldnt select the file and fix the error. Does anyone know how to fix an application file or do something to it so when I burn it, I wont get the crc error?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

What burning application did you use?
    What is the name brand and model # of you burner?

Shoey :)

3. Mainframe

Mainframe Member

I believe its a ms-dos application file. CDmage cant detect the file. My burner is a hewlett packard 9300 series.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You'll need Alcohol 120 1.4.3.518 to successfully backup Battlefield 1942. After installing Alcohol 120 go to image burning wizard. Locate the Battlefield 1942 cd 1 file and click next. Choose Safedisc 2 datatype profile and burn RAO DAO. Repeat this process for additional cd's. Open Alcohol 120 and go to general>options>emulation and enable "ignore media type". Go to extra emulation and enable "bad sector emulation". [bold] Insert the backup in your HP burner, NOT your dvd\cd-rom [/bold] and you should be able to install and play your backup. [bold] Be sure that Alcohol 120 is running in system tray (startup)[/bold] when playing your backup.
    Alcohol 120:http://www.alcohol-software.com/

5. Mainframe

Mainframe Member

Cool, im gonna give it a try and i'll let you know the status. Thanks for your help Shoey.

6. dangros

dangros Member

I have a similiar prob. I have a samsung SM-332B combo drive. This is what one of the Alcohol tech support guys wrote:

This sounds like your drive is not fully EFM capable, have you checked the box in Alcohol under "Options/Emulation/Extra Emulation/BAD Sectors Emulation. ??

You can download a small test that will determin if your drive is EFM capable or not from this post in our support forum. http://forum.alcohol-software.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=2196&s=

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

dangros,
    Open Alcohol 120%>options>data type reading>
    recording options and enable "bypass efm error">ok. Now load the image of Battlefield 1942 using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile and read at 16/20x. Open the image burning wizard and choose Safedisc2 datatype profile and burn RAW DAO at 8x. When all finished try and play the backup in your burner. if it fails then go to emulation and enable "ignore media type" and re-insert your backup in your burner and it "should" play m8.

8. UAE4ever

UAE4ever Member

hi there, I download Battlefield 1942 bwa,bwi and bwt. and I try it in Alcohol 120% and it work great and fast. but when i brun it with blindwirte it wont work from cd it just read it and nathing happen (I use old one and new one of blindwrite). Than I knew it is safedisk protaction so i use Alcohol 120%.

I Choose Safedisc 2 datatype profile and burn RAO DAO, speed 8x.

after that i tried it from cd it work but before the game run it take about 10 - 15 second to run.

so could you please tell me what is the wrong or why it take long time to run the game. From the image file it run the game direct with no need to wait it is like orginal cds.

My cd rw dirver is : SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-224B

Thank you

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It's a "1 sheep burner" so you need the aid of emulation (Alcohol 120%). Go to options>emulation and enable "ignore media type" then [bold] minimize Alcohol 120% to system tray (startup) [/bold] and insert your backup in your [bold] SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-224B [/bold] drive and see if the backup will play.

10. UAE4ever

UAE4ever Member

thx

it work great with me i fix it

I use Alcoholer for datatype because it has datatype there (safedisk 2.5 - 2.7)so that is the needed for BF1924 it is (safedsik 2.6) and Alcohol 120% doesn't support that it only have (safedisk 2) and that was the porblem when the cd wasn't run fast.

notes: about my backup it work but it take time and ether if i change that option for emulation. any way it work great after above steps.

Thank you,

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Should be Safedisc 2.5-2.8. Battlefield 1942 update patch brings the cd protection to... )I forget! You can use a tool called Safedisc Analyser to determine that.

Alcohol 120% [bold] does support backing up Safedisc 2.0.x-2.9.x [/bold]

Glad you got your backup running!

12. walshy17

walshy17 Member

hey all, i have been reading your replys in an attemp to backup bf1942 but had no luck! downloaded latest acl-120% and selected your option u recommended, but when i try to copy image to hd using data type safe disk 2 it takes 1 hour to proccess 2%. i dont know how to get around it i scan the disk using clonyxxl and they said its safedisk 2.6 dont know if 120% supports that or what?

If someone could please help me it would be great, thankyou Matt

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Interesting....well A120 does support SD2.6 however your imaging time is odd. What model burner do you have?

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Fast error skip [bold] enabled [/bold]? Certain drives are very slow at reading Safedisc cd protection m8. I can think of 1 brand at the moment= Panasonic!< (turtle speed)
    When you get to 4% your "almost catching the wabbit". Bad sectors lies within the first 1-10,500 sectors of the Safedisc cd protection, or about 3 1/2%.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2003
  15. walshy17

walshy17 Member

thanks for the advice i'll give it a go, i have an iomega burner not sure what model but its only an 8x but i was only trying to make a disk image to hd using my sony dvdrom not sure which model. if you have anything else that could help me please reply.
    Matthew

16. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Wow Panasonic... that's shocking. I never would have guessed that

17. walshy17

walshy17 Member

Hey all i finally got it too work. thanks for all the help. it must have been my sony DVDROM because i selected my iomega burner to copy the image to my harddrive and it skipped past the first 10,000 disk errors in about 20 seconds, and completed the image in bout 5mins. thanks all

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Sony drives are very fast when it comes to reading Safedisc cd protection and usually faster thn iOmega. Now me confused..
    iOmega drives are made by Phillips and if I recall, can only write RAW DAW 16. Your Sony should ne able to write RAW DAO 96.

19. lastexile

lastexile Member

I downloaded battlefield's two disks off kaaza and just burned it using regular Roxio cd-creator, which or course didn't work.

so i tried Alcohol 120(and the instructions) and the burning was smooth. However, when i try to run the game, a window pops up telling me to put in the right disk. I tried both disks and didn't work.

there's crack included with the game, i tried to open the game using the crack, but it says no figerprint found.

also, there wasn't RAO DAO aviliable, but got RAW DAO.

please help me anyway possiable. I'm new at this. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  20. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Enable emulation (ignore media type\bad sector) and play the backup(s) of Battlefield 1942 in your burner using Alcohol 120%.
    If that fails then create 2 virtual stealth drive>mount both images and and see if you can launch the game using emulation as I don't remember which cd is Safedisc cd protected.
    To use the crack install the game and copy& paste the "no cd patch" to the directory to where you installed the game then launch m8.