AfterDawn Forums

You can now extract 7zip archives on the psp.

This discussion thread has 10 messages.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/7-Zip-format-ported-to-the-PSP/pg/49/aid...

These days, with the functionality of the PSP blown wide open with all the downgraders and hacks, I'm sure a lot of you people have been wondering what MPH was up to. After some of his revolutionary releases like the 2.0 Downgrader and the GTA game loader, a lot of people would be expecting something big.

Well, MPH isn't one to disappoint. He has just successfully ported the LZMA archiving format to the PSP, or more popularly known as the 7-Zip format. Originally created by Igor Pavlov for multiple platforms, this archiving format has been gathering a lot of momentum, and second, only to the RAR format. I've used it a lot and the compression this format allows is simply great.

And Igor Pavlov would be pretty proud to know that another great programmer has just ported his compression format to the PSP. Although it currently only extracts a file called archive.7z in the root of the Memory Stick, it's pretty much guaranteed that in the coming weeks, this will be made into a proper full-fledged application. If not by MPH, then by someone else, because the source code has been released along with the proof-of-concept binary! Heck, I'd love to have it made into an IRShell plugin. Oh well, it depends on Ahman I guess.

Anyways, you can check out for yourself, the final results of what MPH has been busy with for a long time.

Well if this thread has already been started. Call me noobus. Boy I thought it would be a long time before this happened.
▼▼ This topic has 9 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Supastar Suspended account
Thank god, he's back. Humma Kavula, you're next. I wonder what he's planning to do with this, if anything. Now we need a Devhook ISO 7z Support. 7z can compress things very impressively.

Ridin' Dirty

10 Percent Luck 20 Percent Skill 15 Percent Concentrated Power Of Will 5 Percent Pleasure 50 Percent Pain A 100 Percent reason to remember the name

Money aint a problem
Yeah 7zip does do a pretty good job. I still prefer WinRAR tho just cuz I like the way it was put together. I use to only use WinZIP but WinRAR took it's place.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 30 Jul 2006 @ 12:42
RAR and 7z are both awesome in my book. To bad it tooks forever to decompress 7z otherwise you might be able to incorporate it into an ISO loader.

Ridin' Dirty

10 Percent Luck 20 Percent Skill 15 Percent Concentrated Power Of Will 5 Percent Pleasure 50 Percent Pain A 100 Percent reason to remember the name

Money aint a problem
Humma Kavula gave up PSP hacking so i dont think hes going to release anything new. Its quite a shame though.

It's gonna take even longer on the psp considering we have only got a 333 mhz processor to work with.
and a mere 32mb or ram. I can barely use my PC when extracting big files with its 512mb ram.

Quote:
Humma Kavula gave up PSP hacking so i dont think hes going to release anything new. Its quite a shame though.
I don't think he gave it up. He got a C&D. Rumor is he's back in the scene under a new name.

Ridin' Dirty

Money aint a problem
imagine if devhook loaded iso or cso from .7z

woah. that would be a huge breakthrough for stuffing up the ms.

GET A SHOVEL, DIG IT OUT. DEEP CUTS AND SLASHES. CRACK!!!

US 12/05 PSP v2.0 ->1.5 ->2.71DH ->1.5 ->2.71DH ->1.5 ->3.03OE-C...
4GB, mp4.galore, cso.hunter, brew.taster, mmmm. nice.
Yea, if it could decompress it fast enough.

Ridin' Dirty

Money aint a problem
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.