1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DotHalo tut *****

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by superdupa, Jul 30, 2006.

1. superdupa

superdupa Regular member

ok so you have just started to mod and can ftp and all that jazz....
    i will teach you the basics of how to use dothalo!

all "somethings" stand for something i cant remamber

1. to projectile swap>>>>>(like SMG shooting rockets and stuff)

2. run fast, jump high

3. flying hog

4. duel wield anything

5. lotsa ammo

6. really fast moving shots

1. proj swaps>>>
    to swap projectiles what you want to do is open a map in DH and the thing in the middle of the screen should say a bunch of things with plusses next to them go down on that scroll bar un till you see "projectiles". click it's pluss sign and you should see all the different projectiles that can be used in that map (im going to make the battle rifle shoot snipes for an example)so im going to go down until i see "something/something sniper rifle bullet" and at the top of the box you are in you will see metatag:(a bunch of numbers will be here). hilight those numbers and copy them. now go to the BR bullet's meta tag hilight it and paste the snipers meta tag in its place. you are all done! hit save changs sign the map and ftp it and there you go!

2. to run fast, jump high>>>
    to run fast what you want to do is open a map in DH and the thing in the middle of the screen should say a bunch of things with plusses next to them go down on that scroll bar un till you see "globals" (go into it). then find the tag editing box and bring it up then go into walking speed (multiplayer)and boost it up to a good 15 or so and to the same for reverse speed and sideways speed and put double the speed for the accelleration. to jump high you want to do is open a map in DH and the thing in the middle of the screen should say a bunch of things with plusses next to them go down on that scroll bar un till you see "globals". then find the tag editing box and bring it up then go into jump height and put it at anywhere from 10-30(depending on the map size) and for both of ‘em (run fast and jump high)…………………………. you are all done! hit save changs sign the map and ftp it and there you go!

3. to make a flyig hog what you want to do is open a map in DH and the thing in the middle of the screen should say a bunch of things with plusses next to them go down on that scroll bar un till you see "vehicles" (go into it). click worthog and go into the tag editor and click the flying checkbox …………… you are all done! hit save changs sign the map and ftp it and there you go!

4. to make a duel wield anything what you want to do is open a map in DH and the thing in the middle of the screen should say a bunch of things with plusses next to them go down on that scroll bar un till you see "weapons" (go into it). (im going to use the rocket launcher for an example) click it and go into its tag editor and find the duel weild checkbox, check it and you are all done! hit save changs sign the map and ftp it and there you go!

5. to make a lotta ammo what you want to do is open a map in DH and the thing in the middle of the screen should say a bunch of things with plusses next to them go down on that scroll bar un till you see "weapons" (go into it). (im going to use the rocket launcher for an example) click it and go into its tag editor and to down to the clip size and stuff and there should be a drop-down-box and make it 0 the go back down to clip size and max holding ammo and such, add two zeros to each one . you are all done! hit save changs sign the map and ftp it and there you go!

6. to make your shots move fast what you want to do is open a map in DH and the thing in the middle of the screen should say a bunch of things with plusses next to them go down on that scroll bar un till you see "projectiles". click it's pluss sign and you should see all the different projectiles that can be used in that map im going to use the rocker lacuncher cus it’s shots are slow as poop so go into it and get the tag editor up and find initial and final projectile speeds and put ‘em both up to 9999. you are all done! hit save changs sign the map and ftp it and there you go!

****************you can also do all of this stuff and save after every one then sign and ftp it all*****************

this was broght to you by – SUPERDUPA

Happy Modding!!!!

2. theridges

theridges Guest

nice tutorial you should try to add some pics though you know how dothalo is....

3. superdupa

superdupa Regular member

ya and i made a mis take with the jump high thing cuz you go into biped not globals

4. superdupa

superdupa Regular member

i will get the pix in soon

5. superdupa

superdupa Regular member

any other questions?

6. blink2252

blink2252 Member

dude you shouldnt even make a tutorial like this anyone with a half mind could figure these out by themselves.

the ridges---
    im just saying that modding has wayyyy too many tutorials. i never read any tutorial on anything, my friend gave me halo map tools and said to mod halo on the pc because it was cool and i had no tutorials or anything and i ended up making great mods after taking about a week to figure all the tags and what not out...

so let people figure some stuff out on there own and have fun with it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  7. theridges

theridges Guest

blink dont come in here and criticise how do you think they will figure them out?? by other than reading what somebody else has posted,a lot of work goes into writing tutorials if you dont have something positive to say then dont post.

8. helpme12

helpme12 Member

hello i'm new to the modding thing and i think i may have the beta version of .NET Framework 1.1 or whatever, but could someone send me the regular version of .NET Framework
    also what program should i open dot halo in?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  9. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

10. helpme12

helpme12 Member

ok thanks and sorry bout the email thing

11. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

It's ok. It's just against the AfterDawn rules.

12. helpme12

helpme12 Member

ok thnx i got almost everything working now

13. richie_b

richie_b Member

hey guys, im a total nub when it comes to mods and all that stuff, but i was wondering (i havent gotten to check to many places yet) if anyone can tell me how to get the maps and all that - like i said, im a total noob, i would like to learn how to mod all of those maps and this stuff, but i dont know what to open it with and ect.

if ANYONE on here is willing, just im me on aim
    Blackvans1234

thanks

14. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

15. helpme12

helpme12 Member

thank you fuz3 that guys tutorial is like the best!

16. hckyfan41

hckyfan41 Member

hey my problem is when i ftp the map over i faail to load it on halo

17. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

That is because you need to resign it with CMR map resigner before FTPing it.

18. superdupa

superdupa Regular member

19. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Your site's really ghetto.

20. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member