1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by vcbc, Aug 1, 2006.

1. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Hi. Just got a ds lite a few weeks ago and have a few questions on backup. Was wondering what would be the best blank cartridge things. Have been loonking and saw a few of those that fit in the gba slot on ds lite without sticking out. I need something that would work with the gba also, dont mind swiching the covers as long as it works. The three of those slim cartridge i saw so far some are new so i could find much info.. M3 Lite - Micro SD. G6 Lite - 4Gbit(512 MByte) also smaller version. SuperCard Lite - Micro SD. And the EZ4 Lite TF that doesnt match with the ds lite but fit. Which one is better. Thinking mirco sd because i could always upgrade the memory. The G6 is the only 1 that come with the gba cartridge cover and works with the gba. The others i dunno. Also is there a way i can link cable gba games on DS.
    Thx in advance

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

As you said, only the G6 Lite comes with an interchangeable case so you can use it in a GBA/old DS, but if that isn't too important I would recommend the M3 (when it's released) as it will have the highest compatibility of all the devices, and there is a small chance it will have changeable cases too as the M3 is made by the G6 team (though nothing has been announced).

And no you can't link GBA games on the DS, wether they use cable or the GBA wirless adapter.

3. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Thanks for the quick response
    I was wondering if i swich the cases with a gba game case i wonder if some work on the gba. Thats sucks though that ds dont have the gba link feature. Yea i guess ill look for the features and stuff when there out and have reviews. I dont know whats the differences between the Supercard lite and the M3 lite. I heard the Supercard fit in the gba slot on ds lite tightly and hafta wiggle it out. Wonder bout the rest. I was thinking of going for the G6 cause it has built in memory and has the changable cases and saw a review which was good. But 512MBytes isnt that much. The micro sd ones require a micro sd and some say it lags depending on the chip used. Passkey, Passcard...etc is needed whats the differences between all of them, which would u recomend
    thank you

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

If you don't plan on watching videos or listening to music with your DS (i ahve a PSP and an ipod Photo with Linux video playback, so i don't) 512MB is more than enough for just NDS and GBA games and Homebrew.

I have the G6 Lite and currently have 12 DS games 3 GBA games and several Homebrew apps on it, and still have room for 2-3 more DS games.

Obviously if you have larger DS games you won't fit as much on it.

5. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yea music and video goes on my pspand ipod also. Still thinking ill probably get something in a month or two. Probably the G6 lite then if i need more ill upgrade to those M3 lite. How big are the roms of ds games never downloaded them before. GBA are small bout 2MByte-10MByte. I had a problem deciding what to get a while ago a ds or psp. with ipod i didnt need all that feature but DS games are way smaller that psp. But both are fun and better in its own way. Well thanks

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

DS games can be anywhere from 8MB to 128MB, there are only a few games that are 8MB even less are 128MB, most games are 32MB with slightly less being 64MB.

7. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Whoa they can get big in numbers.thx

8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Sure can. It doesn't happen too often though as there are only about six or seven games that I know of that are over 100 megabytes.