3gp guide

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by xyqo, Aug 2, 2006.

1. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

this my first guide check it out.
    I submitted the full version so you'll be seing it soon with all the images and stuff i'll put a link soon

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  2. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

Have you ever been on a long trip with nothing to and only you cell phone to guide you? Well if you have a modern cell phone you know what it’s capable of these days so having just it isn’t such a bad thing. This guide will show you how to get movies; DVD, avi ect on your 3gp or mpeg 4 enabled phone, using imtoo’s 3gp coverter.

So what do you need? I’ll tell you:

1) First of all you need a cell phone. Many phones these days come with mpeg4 and/or 3gp support as well. Its best if also has sufficient built in memory like the Sonyericsson w600 or better yet a memory car slot like the Motorola L7 slvr. It does work for phones that don’t have that much memory but you can only do clips or a single music video for example. Obviously the more storage space available the better.

2) You’ll also need the software. You can download it at imtoo’s website http://www.imtoo.com they have a free trail that limits the length of the video that you’re encoding. More specifically you have to get the 3gp converter http://www.imtoo.com/3gp-video-converter.html. It cost $29 US. You have to pay for the full version or acquire the user name and S/N which I’ll will offer no assistance in doing. *whispers pm*

3) Its also better if you have a good screen. Most high end phones have nice screens but they vary. Most of the time it’s either: 16k, 65k, or 256k colours. The more colours the screen can display the better. That’s not the only factor however; you also have to take into consideration the resolution of the screen.
    Finally you need a video, movie clip, whatev

Ok the reason why I chose to use this software for my guide is simple. Once you install the convert you’ll realise that it’s almost mindlessly easy to use. However there are some technicalities that I’ll explain for anyone here new to this kind of thing.

Ok than you for reading all through that long preamble let get to the guide.

The easiest way to do this is to use the wizard:

After installing imtoo start the wizard by going to imtoo in the all programs menu.
    This takes to the welcome screen which shows you licence name. Just click next this is of no consequence.

Now we get to the Load Source File Screen

Here what you do is select the file that you’ll be converting and the video attributes will be displayed

Next up we set the staring and stopping point of the video in the Set Encoding Time section. Use the slide to go to where you wish you clip to start. Then click the Set as Start Point button. Slide forward to where you wan to stop then click Set as End Point button. If you want to have the full length of the video then just leave it alone.

Click next to move on to Select Profile to choose the settings format you want you video to be converted to. The software uses many formats but for this tutorial all you need to click is 3GPP-3rd Generation Partnership Project (*.3gp) or mpeg4. You can click next from this point but i recommend; depending on your mobile phone that you change some settings under the advanced tab. Leave the video codec as mpeg4. Change the video size according to the amount of storage space available on your mobile. The lower you set it the worst it looks. You can also change the bit rate for the same reason with similar results. I recommend leaving it set to auto leave the aspect ratio on auto as well, unless you know the exact ratio of the screen but most of them are the same anyway.
    For the audio you can change from amr to mpeg4aac for better sound if you want. If you want stereo i.e. if your phone supports it the like the sonyericsson W series, then change it to stereo. Keep disable audio to false or you wont have any sound.

Next up is Saving Your File this simple just select the destination path and the file name if you wish to make it different from the source name.

From there we go to the Job Summery. Here we can add another job and the wizard will just start over so you can queue the jobs. It will do one after the other. You can also choose to overwrite a file with the same name or automatically append the name.

Almost there click next and watch it encode your video or not if the video is long.

Click next to go to the Encoding Finish page. You can either close the program or start another.

I’ll be doing the guide for the converter another time but for now you only need the converter wizard. It’s also easy to use as well any ways so don’t be afraid to experiment.
    When you’re done transfer the video to your phone by cable, blue-tooth whatev. Have fun showing off on your friends or killing some spear time.

Anyone can link to this guide or post it where they feel as long as you make special mention that it was done by me and posted on After Dawn first.
    I encourage corrections and criticism

Special thanks to:
    1) AD for being the greatest online community known to man.
    2) AD members for making AD the greatest online community known to man.
    3) Xilisoft for this awesome tool. Nuff respect big up ratinz u dun know (jamican for many many many thanks) www.xilisoft.com www.imtoo.com

3. Richard_l

Richard_l Guest

Yes, I quite agree with you ,sometimes when I 'm free at home ,I would like to listen some musics ,watch some movies even play some games on my cell phone.
    My cell phone is: Casio 3G Mobile Phone
    New : 3G Mobile Handset in Japan
    Mode : G' zOne Outdoor W42CA.
    Supports : CDMA1X WIN
    Dimensions 53×117×29mm
    Weight 155grams
    Water Resistant : One meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
    Display : 2.4 inch color screen QVGA resolution
    Memory : 50MB on board memory
    Camera : 2.1MP
    Memory Expansion : MicroSD card
    So I'm always looking for some audio/video converter softwares ,and somes prove to be difficult to use,others do not support enough audio/video file format .So how about imtoo’s 3gp coverter,is it easy to use and support as many as file formats, can you give me some more details?

4. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

Yes it supports many formats more than most other software.
    It's almost mindlessly easy i use it alot. Trust me you'll have no problems using it

5. vanila

vanila Member

6. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

Well i've never tried Super so when i get the chance to I'll see. hopfully i'll get to this weekend