1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Passkey 2 so I can use Flashme

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by BatDude, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BatDude

BatDude Member

Aaarrrgg!! I just want to get my Passkey2 working so I can just Flash my DS and DS Lite(Then i can just throw away the passkey). I can't find any decent Passkey2 guides. The one on DualScene.com wasn't helpful since it did not give me detail instructions on when to remove/insert whatnot and when. I did install the latest firmware for both my M3 mini and Keypass2(just got it, and I'm pretty new to the DS mod scene) but still got the two white screens when inserting a leading DS cart. In point, I can't use the passkey2 with a cart in it without the white screens and i tried to use the passkey1 switch but the K2_RAM04.gba file could not run properly(it freezes, showing the load progress).
    Can someone help me out? Do you need a functional passthrough device in order to successfully flash your DS?

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

3. BatDude

BatDude Member

Thanks, I can see my problem now. I need the latest Passkey K2_RAMxx.gba file but I cant seem to download anything from the official M3 site.

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try dualscene.net

5. BatDude

BatDude Member

Hulk geting mad!!! I downloaded this "Key2-V4(for G6 or G6 lite)" zip file from godknowswhere, but doesn't it suppose to come with something else besides the RAM and HW .gba files? The manual in the zip file apparently says I can use an M3(I got a M3mini, but the cd that came with it did not come with Passkey software). I cant seem to run its K2_RAM04.gba file, screen just goes black after loading. I don't think the problem is my 2GB mini SD card since I don't seem to have that "2GB not working problem" because the K2_HW04.gba and the updagcsd.e22 files ran just fine. I tried to use a passme2flashme.gba(ran fine) file to program my Passkey2 but apparently that's only for a Passme2, went back to two white screens as usual. I'm just troubleshooting until m3adapter.com comes back online with its downloads(Dualscene.net does not have much downloads). Any other suggestions?
    Venom5880, I appreciate all the help.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

7. BatDude

BatDude Member

Thanks a million!! Got it to work just fine. And just flashed both DS's. I guess that Passkey v4 firmware was just faulty.
    I am indebted to you, my good sir.

8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Your welcome :)

One question though, just how difficult is it to flash the DS Lite? My brother was interested up until he found out a whole bunch of people were bricking their DS Lites.

9. BatDude

BatDude Member

It's not much differenct form flashing a regular DS but with a Lite you HAVE to keep your flashing tool straight or else you might connect the breaker with those screw thingys just to the right. Don't to bend or tilt your tool. If inserted awkward pull it out and just try again. With a regular DS, that breaker your suppose to short is kind of isolated.
    Here is a good video demonstrating how http://www.newssponge.com/click.php?id=4280
    But notice that this guy did NOT plug in his DS even though he himself said you have to. If the battery falls out and your not plugged in, which causes the DS to shut down during the flashing process, your also gonna have a brick.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  10. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Yeah, the size of that SL1 connection is what raised concern. I flashed my DS about three months ago, which is why my brother gained interest. I'll just have check out the size of the SL1 myself and see if it's worth a shot.

11. rSgDrF

rSgDrF Member

Hi, Im having the same problem as you. It seems I can only use V4, anyway I can obtain the unfaulty V4 firmware?

Can anybody help me? I'm keep getting "CRC Error" from all the firmwares.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  12. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

If you are getting the CRC error when trying to open the firmware .rar file it could be from having an outdated version of winrar, make sure you have the latest version that supports winrars newer compression technology.

If that dosn't work, make sure your file downloads fully (check the filesize and compare it with the size the website states)