1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD lab pro questions

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by AdRock925, Aug 4, 2006.

1. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

Does DVDlabpro allow for video files to be played between menu screens?

What program is best for creating animated nenu?

Thnx.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  2. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

[​IMG]

seems we have a problem with the audio video length not matching. Is this the same for your's too?....these are the same english and jap tracks from the "duel" audio file I downloaded. I've converted the .mp3-> 2 channel AC3 with Tmpgenc ac-3 plug-in....going to also use BeSweet to take the same English .wav and split to 6 channels..then encode with Surcode Dolby 5.1 in PPro(main concept encoder). Have you finished downloading the one with the Polish subtitles...it appears to be Only Jap Audio with some English songs at the end....but very nice DTS 5.1 surround Audio...only need to be joined the audio/video is split into 3 seperate .mkv<---how should I go about joining these( in order) without ruining the DTS audio?...also aside from the size video needing some adjusting it looked pretty nice too...what your thoughts on matter?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  3. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

[​IMG]

Ok, I found a great program that joined/appended the jap 5.1 DTS surround audio that came from the torrent with the Polish subs. So, it wasn't unnessary to re-code this..and it's great...but as you can see it's much longer than the video(from the duel audio torrent) i have to assume that this one was 'cropped' and thus is missing something..i will re-view it and see what can be done..might be as simple as going back to the .avi and using VirtulDub to join some more footage to it then re-Encoding to m2v.

well, this is depressing...i've discovered the cause of the file length discrepancy...the file with polish subs from which I obtained the very nice DTS Jap audio was in sync with a 23.97 framerate video..cropped to that length. It's not going to play right with "our" 29.97 framerate video with it's length. too bad, it was real nice..and I don't have a way of converting it...without risking messing it up losing the "real" surround quality..I would have to convert to 6-channel .wav with BeSweet then change the bitrate for matching 29.97 then run it through MY surcode DVD DTS or Dolby Encoder(problem with this is I only have 2 trial encodes left) I was going to use one for the English->5.1 if I couldn't find a good Dolby rip somewhere.

yes...you just call them Movies :) and you also have transition effects like a NLE that can be placed between menus like: cross-dither disolve, wipe, etc(but they are canned/limited)

Animated Menu? you can place short a/v in a menu(like splash screens) but unless you've Upgraded to Pro 2 in the last 48hrs..only it can have Buttons on Video(background) which sounds sweet(I'm also hoping it has audio/video Preview!) less coasters worring about a/v sync

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  4. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

[bold]Note: read my post in other forum (mpeg-1/mpeg-2 conversion> help with AR using TMPGENC) before this one.[/bold]

Well, my audio lengths are shorter than my video but only by six seconds, I plan to solve this (if it even needs fixing) by adding a few seconds to the beggining/end of the audio in NLE or maybe cropping the video, but your situation is more severe. There are a couple things I don't understand first what is a MPV file? Second, why is your file only 1:19:48 mine is 1:40:02...I think I know why F_ck, when encoding with TMPGenc I believe we have to use the EXACT same settings, the m2v I converted with tmpgenc is 1:35:??, yours is 1:19:48 and the one I ripped straight from VOB is 1:40:02 I wonder what the official length of original movie is?...well there's still alot to be determined, it's probably a good idea to get whatever streams we have synced up and start making test vob's maybe find a way where we are both working with the same length files. I'm very perplexed at how you got a 1:19 length video file, that's over 15 minutes shorter than any of mine.

5. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

OK, the original dual audio mkv (torrent) is also 1:40:02 in length which means somewher aong the way (probably in tmpgenc) yor video got "squished" this also might account for the high-pitch audio you were talking about, was that audio also encoded wth tmpgenc along with the mkv?...bottom line is your going to have to re-encode to get it as close as possible to the original length...
    (I think I am remembering you telling me you deleted the original mkv...please tell me I'm wrong) if worse comes to worse I'll have you download mine.

'Cause everything else, like the 5.1 ac3 from the polish subs, all of my video/audio/srt streams, is arround 1:40:00 and yours is down around 1:20:00- to much gap to make up.

6. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

well I didn't use TMPGenc....I used CCE SP 2.7 ....I'm not sure the numbers on that time section is accurate..but notice th bitrate on my .mpv it's over 6007 kbps that's a much higher quality than 4000?
    also the DTS japanesse track I was able to join with DVD Audio Splitter(14 day free trial) is 768 kbps much better than Dolby. I'm reencoding now..going to try audacity on the audio

Those numbers in DVDlabpro are different...infact i get different time lengths whenever I play the files in WinAmp, showtime, WMP, WMP classic, WinDVD 6 platium.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006