1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamesave file

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by whoru, Aug 5, 2006.

1. whoru

whoru Member

I recently download some game save file from gamefaqs.com and it is in .dst or dss format. how do i get it to work with the m3 card. thank

2. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

i don't think you can use that file with the M3. You will have to find a convertor somewhere. Try using that max2sc software to convert it to a .sav file, and see if itll convert to M3 from there using the m3savetool. Google both of those to find the downloads.

3. whoru

whoru Member

wow that seem like a lot of work for a save file conversion. Thank anyway.

4. BatDude

BatDude Member

Actually, it's really easy. All you need is that max2sc.exe program and the M3 Game Manager.
    First you should turn off your Autosave option on your M3. The plug your SD/CF card into your computer.
    1) Download the .duc or .dss file from Gamefaqs.com.
    2) Run that file throught that max2sc.exe program by just draggin it over the program.
    3) It will then spew out a .duc.out/.dss.out file. Just rename the tag to .sav, eliminating the .duc.out/.dss.out.
    4) Open up your M3 Game Manager with your SD/CF in your computer. Double click the game in your card to open up a "Save Manager" popup window.
    5) Select the .dat file that the game used then click the "Write .Sav" button. Select that .sav that you got from the max2sc.exe program then hit open. It should say Write OK!
    6) Put your SD/CF card back into your M3 and you should be good to go.

After you check that the save file worked, you can turn the Autosave option back on.

5. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006