1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Trainer

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by BatDude, Aug 7, 2006.

1. BatDude

BatDude Member

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=21582

I downloaded this trainer a while back and still can't figure out how to use it. How exactly do you patch the ROM? Is it only for use on PC emulators? Can you use it on an M3/Do you patch it through the M3 Game Manager? Any help would be appreciated.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

That is on the page you linked.

That would be how you patch it

Make sure it's a clean dump before doing anything, after applying the trainer copy the game t your card as you would normally (through the gamemanager) it might require different settings to work, but I don't know.

3. BatDude

BatDude Member

Are you suppose to just drag the .nds file over the bspatch.exe program(that didn't work) or open the program first because I can't seem to open it(it just blinks for a splint second then goes away). My cmd can't seem to run on my computer for awhile now. I tried using cmd on Start>Run...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  4. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

you have to use cmd to run it. your command would look like this, replacing the file names obviously:

bspatch.exe data.bin.org data.bin FW06160_R2EN.bspatch

data.bin.org -> original data
    data.bin -> data to use to patch
    FW06160_R2EN.bspatch -> new file

please note I have NOT tested this, and i have no idea if this is correct. I'm going off of a similar thing that was used for eBooks. http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/06/howto_sony_libr.html

Scroll down to where you see the black and gray dos prompt screen

5. BatDude

BatDude Member

Yeah, as I said. My cmd window has been malfuntioning for awhile now. Does anyone know how to fix this?

6. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

what does it do? nothing? there's probably an extensionless file somewhere on your computer called cmd, which is why its screwing it up. try doing Start>Run>cmd.exe and see what happens

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Have you tried opening command first, then running the program, many programs will open the command window and close it imediatly if you try to opening them from within windows.

8. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

^^ he said just using command itself won't work.. so when he goes to start>run>cmd, it doesn't do anything or it screws up or something

9. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I'm inclined to agree with mr hanky. I remember I used to be able to run command line based apps by launching them, and then eventually they stopped behaving that way and I had to start using the actual command prompt to do it.

10. BatDude

BatDude Member

Are cmd and cmd.exe the same thing? cmd.exe works but cmd won't let me type anything, it's like it's frozen or something.

11. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

cmd and cmd.exe are *supposed* to be the same thing. the reason your "cmd" isn't working is because there is a file conflict.. so its trying to launch an empty file probably. i recommend going into your system and searching for anything called "cmd" without anything at the end of it. post up a list of files or a screen shot and send it to me either in this post or through PMs and i'll let you know which ones are safe to delete and which ones aren't

for now, use cmd.exe.. or if you don't really care to delete the other file just continue using this :)

12. BatDude

BatDude Member

13. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

What version of windows are you running? seems older than XP.

Anyhows, try using command instead of cmd, go to Start>Run and type command then hit run, command is more annoying to use as you have to abbreviate everything, but it could work as a replacement if your cmd isn't working.

14. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

you know what? i bet you anything its that Alcohol 120 CMD thing towards the bottom (AxCMD).. probably trying to override the original. I wouldn't delete it or anything, just use either command or cmd.exe to access your cmd stuff

15. BatDude

BatDude Member

Thanks. I got Windows XP Media Center Edition. Typing "command" in run works fine.