1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ds lite firmware

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by halo13, Aug 7, 2006.

1. halo13

halo13 Regular member

is there anyway i can flash my ds into thinking its a ds lite, so i can adjust the brightness? Or just adjust the brightness any other way. My ds screen is a little too dark and i would like to turn it up.

2. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

i wouldn't suggest it.. the ds is designed for that dimmer screen. making it go brighter will not only affect your battery life, but also the console's life itself. it will put a strain on all its internal components. if you really want the adjustment of the DS lite, i would say sell your DS on ebay or something (you can get about $60-70, if not more depending on condition) and then buy a DS lite. Check out Craigslist also, I saw a guy selling his flashed DS for a nice chunk of change, more than enough to buy a DS Lite

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

also, it is only possible on very new DS's where FlashMe gets confused as to what DS it is flashing, and accidentally puts the DS Lite version firmware on. But as pakixd said, it's not reccommended even if you have a DS capable of being flashed like that.

4. halo13

halo13 Regular member

i know it would take my battey life down, but it would really help me enjoy my gameplay better.

5. snowman89

snowman89 Guest

just get a ds lite.....