1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync Problem........

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by codyvonau, Aug 11, 2006.

1. codyvonau

codyvonau Member

What Causes Movies to go out of sync with nero?...........Anyone?..THANKS

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

This seems to be a common problem when using the latest version of Nero7 (7.2.3.2b), heres a suggestion put forward by a member who has had some success by

3. codyvonau

codyvonau Member

Im only 15 and dont really know how to do that yet any further info on how would be nice

Thanks

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Do you know which version of Nero you are using, go to StartSmart, Info Tools and locate full version, should be something like 6.6.0.18 or 7.0.0.0

5. codyvonau

codyvonau Member

im using nero burning rom 6.6.0.13

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

7. BIGWHISE

BIGWHISE Member

I was having the same problem.....this from the above worked with Nero Vision 4

disabling certain Nero filters by executing the following commands:

Start > Run > regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax

Start > Run > regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax

Worked like a charm!!

8. uny529

uny529 Member

Yes, it does work. The only problem with this fix is that Nero Showtime will no longer play DVDs. Also, the preview window (when burning) is disable as well.

9. jawae

jawae Member

This SOLUTION worked for THIS PARTICULAR PROBLEM for me:

I have downloaded and burned "Lost Season 2" to DVD. Required 8 DVD's for 24 episodes. Most episodes had an audio sync problem which can be described as:
    - sync was good at start of episode
    - sync became progressively worse as episode ran through
    - audio was ALWAYS after the video (audio was late)
    - all original downloaded files played flawlessly on my computer using Windows Media Player

Because there are 24 episodes, I was not willing to reprocess or demultiplex or resample (etc. etc.) each file to try to resynchronize the files before burning them. That would have been too labour intensive and clearly I am a very busy guy...

What I was using was:
    - Nero 7.2.0.3 (maybe 7.2.0.3b)
    - Windows XP

FYI:
    If I right clicked on the "Lost Season 2" files and selected Properties and then clicked the "Summary" tab, it showed me that all files were compressed using Divx YV12 codec. Further, each file seemed to have variable bit rate for the audio (compared to the other files in the same series) and also variable data rates for the video. Further to that, the audio bit rate and the video data rate never seemed to be the same within the same file. I don't know if they are supposed to be or if that is important.

When I right clicked on the TV series "24" that I also downloaded, I noted that the codec simply stated "Divx" and that all audio bit rates and video data rates for each file (24 files again for the whole series) were all the same. Further, the audio bit rate and the video data rate were the same within each file (consistently 128 and 128 but sometimes 128 and 127) When I burned the "24" series using Nero 7.2.0.3, I had no audio sync problems.

Back to "Lost":

I applied the solution offered by Gwendolyn (my new Goddess) to run the 2 files that are Nero files (you can find them in the Nero folder) and IT WORKED.

The solution is to click "Start" and then select "Run" and then copy and paste the 2 lines to run the 2 files:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax

Apparently this fix will disable your ability to actually play DVD's on Nero. I don't really give a rat's ass about that because I want to watch them on my TV and sit close to my girlfriend.

I do not know very much about compression and codecs and DVD burning. From the eight thousand forum posts both on this website and also Videohelp.com I have read, I assume that audio sync problems are:
    - common
    - have many different presentations (progrssively worse, bad throughout, audio early, audio late etc.)
    - have many different causes
    - have many different solutions

For the particular problem I was having, this solution worked and DID NOT REQUIRE THAT I PROCESS EACH FILE BEFORE BURNING IT WITH NERO.

Thanks Gwendolyn and thanks to the person who may have supplied this fix to Gwendolyn.

Had I not had success with this approach, my next 2 solutions were going to be to roll back my Nero to earlier versions. From what I have read, people have had success rolling back to:
    - version 7.0.8.2 (try filehippo.com which is a great website)
    - version 6.6.0.18 (links in this forum to download this one)

I am curious if others have had similar experiences as I have.

Jason
    Vancouver, Canada

10. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

how do I reactivate
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax

please

11. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What version of Nero are you using? Update to the latest one of the version you have and it should reactivate it. Like if you're running 7.5.9.0 update to 7.10.1.0.

Or do a clean install of Nero and that should work too.

12. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

well I did a restore too before I did that line of code in the run command and it worked fine.